Deparate Housewives anti Filipino ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But you're right, it makes the woman saying it look worse than any Filipino doctor or college of medicine. Is she blonde?

see? that was really the meaning, if you ask me. It is a show that mocks the track home, cookie cutter shallowness and humor of the upper middle class housewife's lives, and by doing so actually questions some assumptions.

I can't understand why anyone is offended by words period. They are just words. I'm Italian by ancestry. Call me a dago or wop so what. Hit me with a rock or club while you're doing it and then I'll get offended. This PC has also put alot of good joke writers out of work. I'm going to circulate a petition to get the Irish/Jewish, Polish/Italian, and other official joke books updated and republished with new stuff. then I 'll hope to expand it to include the Iranian/Chinese, Japanese/Eskimo, and Nordic/African versions. Anyone else with any good combos forward em. We'll make a fortune on the underground market to all the closet bigots and people who remember when a joke was taken as a joke and not an attack.

Damn, lets take everything off of TV, have no movies, no jokes, or books for fear of offending someone.

This PC **** has gone too far. If one is so thin-skinned as to allow this show to offended them, how the hell are they going to handle the bigger issues of life?

I can't believe I'm actually wasting my time in this thread... (unsubscribe is my friend!)

see? that was really the meaning, if you ask me. It is a show that mocks the track home, cookie cutter shallowness and humor of the upper middle class housewife's lives, and by doing so actually questions some assumptions.

In other words, they're the TV equivilant of The Stepford Wives?

This PC **** has gone too far. If one is so thin-skinned as to allow this show to offended them, how the hell are they going to handle the bigger issues of life?

!)

Yeah, right. Bigger issues in life...like when someone questions which dive training you've had and why....Everyone is so thick skinned here....:popcorn:

My point being, 7 of 10 people have something that irks them that 7 of 10 people would go, "what, let it go brah". It just so happens that I get defensive about the Philippines.

hahahahahahaha, bingo, Hank.

Yeah, right. Bigger issues in life...like when someone questions which dive training you've had and why....Everyone is so thick skinned here....:popcorn:

My point being, 7 of 10 people have something that irks them that 7 of 10 people would go, "what, let it go brah". It just so happens that I get defensive about the Philippines.

(Im still with Hank) i understand why this caused an uproar. school of medicine here is EXPENSIVE. i've known a lot of parents almost draining their bank accounts to get their kids through med school.... i know certified doctors now (my bestfriend is one) who rarely slept ever since they started med school... and then some silly tv show (but is watched by millions anyway) said something like that.

you might say it shouldn't matter to people who know better. but guess what, perception is reality.

I can't believe I'm actually wasting my time in this thread... (unsubscribe is my friend!)

yeah, yeah, yeah, i hear you... once again, i have proven that common sense is not so common even in the first world country. if something is a waste of time for some people, i see no reason why one should even consider engaging in it and then proclaim that they can't believe they are doing it!

and you guys wonder why the "off-hand" remark from a tv show caused an uproar here.... d'oh.

If all other things are equal:

experience
courtesy
professionalism

and the only difference is WHERE a doctor was trained, I would go to the doctor trained in the US vs a docor who was trained abroad.

Just out of curiosity..you're a nurse...trained in the US I presume....how many doctors have you visited in other countries? How have you come to this conclusion?

Just out of curiosity...how many doctors have you visited in other countries? How have you come to this conclusion?

Two or three.

But more importantly, I work with doctors daily.

Are all foreign-trained doctors bad? No. Are all USA-trained doctors good? No.

My reason stems partly from the communication barrier that I see with foreign-trained dr's and patients/families.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom