Dennis (lowviz)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of the places Dennis liked to dive often was Shark River, preferably late at night and usually alone. So much more peaceful that way.

Probably the dive site that gives credence to his screen name as well as location in his signature.

Will have to get a few a the guys together and do a night dive there in memory of him.

I "met" Dennis quite a few years ago now, initially we conversed about diving stuff but quickly developed a real friendship, most of our contact was outside SB. We talked about anything and everything. I'm weird, most people I meet find me hard or too much. Dennis never judged me, he accepted me for exactly who I am warts and all. He was also very supportive, told me it's ok to be me. I've not met many people like that in my life. We got each other. He was a very deep thinker, introspective, insightful and extremely self aware. He was a good man, someone I admired greatly.

I will miss him. I do miss him.

Dennis, if you're reading this know you are loved and will be missed, you my friend are one of the special people, you touched me🙏🏼

Dennis looked out for me and I him. If he read something I'd posted that gave him concern he'd always reach out and check in. If I didn't see him for a bit I'd reach out and check in. In those times often we'd just exchange a few words just to let each other know we were "ok", we knew what that meant, not actually "ok" but "ok". It was so nice to know he cared. He was a very caring person.

He was a great guy and will be missed by many here. I will miss both our direct interactions and seeing his voice of reason scattered throughout random threads.

Thanks for posting notice of this. Sorry to hear of his passing; I had no idea. He's one of a number of SB regulars who, by their informed and good-natured posts over time, hold my respect and I enjoy reading what they have to say on a range of topics. When they pass, our community is lessened.

Richard.

Thanks Richard. My thoughts exactly, but more eloquent that what I was able to put into words. This year was especially tough, losing both Dennis and Couv. I do hope everyone can find some peace this holiday season!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom