Dennis (lowviz)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want to share the FB message I just received from Dennis’s daughter. I also sent her the link to this thread…

Hi Lisa, thank you for reaching out! We weren’t sure how to get in touch with his scuba community… I’m so sorry to share the news but he passed away suddenly back in October. We didn’t hold a memorial service since my mom said that’s not what he would’ve wanted. He hated any public attention. Trying to honor that but you can imagine how difficult it is.

We were thinking of holding some smaller group remembrance to scatter his ashes, sometime in the spring. If you or anyone you know is interested, I’d love to get in touch and plan something with the diving community! Would be great to be surrounded by others who knew him and hear stories that bring us closer.

Please feel free to share with anyone. We are of course devastated but have felt so supported by friends and family ❤️

I don't know how I missed this, other than I had a lot going on in own life at the time recovering from my accident, getting back to work, etc. Dennis was one of the first students I had that traveled from out of my area to take a class with me. And I do think that his review of that class posted on here helped to bring more divers from all over the East Coast to me for training.
Dennis showed up for a rescue class in a shallow quarry in doubles and a drysuit. His buddy was a paramedic from my area (she's now a physician's assistant and former competitive swimmer). They were one of the teams that during that class helped to generate information that was instrumental in getting SEI to change standards regarding in-water rescue breaths. Making it so that they could be taught as an option for rescuers rather than a must do because of how much they delayed getting a victim to proper care.
We had not communicated as much over the last few years as I started spending less time here.
He was a good dude.

I missed this in my hiatus. A fine gentleman and great contributor. And such a loss for his friends and family. We are so fragile and temporary. The only solace is that in a blink of God's eye they will all rest together. Bless you Dennis. We have lost so many as of late, bless them all.

Yet another "died suddenly". There seem to have been so many of those over the last 12 months. :-(

I didn't know him but his mask cleaning/defogging thread is epic and it's obvious from that alone that he was a very intelligent, articulate and helpful man.
In fact it was reading that and then noticing the "Rest in peace" below his username that prompted me to search the forum to find out what had happened. RIP Dennis.

I sold Dennis one of my plates, old number 10.
A little back history: the very first plates I ever made (1-9) were all hand made and were demo plates that were intended to be for beach demos only. They are all out somewhere being dived (I hope). Number 10 was the first laser cut production plate off the line and it was mine. It
was supposed to remain mine as it was the very first official plate off the line with the first production serial number. I was never supposed to part with it, but Dennis got a hold of me one day and wanted a plate. He was such a damn nice guy and honest that he touched the soft spot in my heart and he ended up getting that very first production plate I made, #10.

Dennis, I hope you enjoy every dive you make in the big reef in the sky (as Sam Miller would have said) with old number 10.
We miss you 😘

I was never supposed to part with it, but Dennis got a hold of me one day and wanted a plate. He was such a damn nice guy and honest that he touched the soft spot in my heart and he ended up getting that very first production plate I made, #10.

Dennis, I hope you enjoy every dive you make in the big reef in the sky (as Sam Miller would have said) with old number 10.
We miss you 😘
Seems like we need a "heart" button, "like" just doesn't seem to cut it.

Back
Top Bottom