Delta Airlines finally coming back to Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Delta announcement in post #1 says it will start ATL-CZM service on November 5, but I'm sure that could change by then.
There are flights but I am not used to Delta’s search and I couldn’t find a calendar of flights. I kept plugging in one way fares and found one.
That BOS-CZM itinerary connects in JFK and again in MEX and may well involve AeroMexico codeshare planes.
That one I screenshot red was Aug 5
Your other screenshot for ATL-CZM was not nonstop was it?

Matrix shows Delta nonstop service ATL-CZM daily as the announcement said. RT fares start at $725.

1677954572429.png

Matrix shows Delta nonstop service ATL-CZM daily as the announcement said. RT fares start at $725.

That's usually the case, but every now and then they go cheaper. I usually use miles and get about $0.02/mile, which is very good.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP!!! They want 210,000 miles for basic economy! That's fricking highway robbery! I can get to CUN for 38,000 miles for that same time frame. Delta sux.

MORE EDIT: Flights from HOU are only 76,000 miles on those same dates. Delta loves to stick it to Atlanta folks.

Fvck!!! ATL is always screwed by Delta. I don't get it.
ATL is Delta's fortress hub. It has little to no competition on direct flights to leisure destinations from that market. Pick another city that connects thru ATL and it is a 2 flight journey, odds are that departure city is served by another carrier that offers 2 flight service via CTL, MIA, DFW, IAH, PHL, DEN or ORD. Odds are on competitive routes the prices are cheaper, except for this year, demand is high and the supply of seats are low. It's whatever the market will bare.

ATL is Delta's fortress hub. It has little to no competition on direct flights to leisure destinations from that market. Pick another city that connects thru ATL and it is a 2 flight journey, odds are that departure city is served by another carrier that offers 2 flight service via CTL, MIA, DFW, IAH, PHL, DEN or ORD. Odds are on competitive routes the prices are cheaper, except for this year, demand is high and the supply of seats are low. It's whatever the market will bare.

My complaint is that this is of FF miles. That's a loyalty reward. They are screwing the people that are loyal.

I have driven to BHM to save $400/ticket for biz class to Europe. It didn't bother me outbound. Inbound sucked.

All the airlines and hotels came out of the pandemic with a glut of points on the books, primarily from Credit card usage. So they devalued them.
It like running up a huge national debt and then devaluing it through inflation.

My complaint is that this is of FF miles. That's a loyalty reward. They are screwing the people that are loyal.
FF programs were fun back in the day. They have made them much less so over the decades. I consider them an afterthought nowadays.
I have driven to BHM to save $400/ticket for biz class to Europe. It didn't bother me outbound. Inbound sucked.
Pfft. A two-hour drive. My OW instructor would drive 6 hours to Dallas for cheap flights to Cozumel, which I won't, but I have driven 4 hours to pick up the kids in Lubbock, then to Abilene to save a bundle.

Following for 2024. I’m tired of AA.

Back
Top Bottom