Delray beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One would think the operator would have a standard policy regarding solo diving. I dive with operators who know me very well and with whom I have dived solo for a long time. I have dived with operators who require a solo certification and redundant gas. I have dived with operators who do not allow solo diving. Out of interest, which solo cert do you have? Does it make a difference with PDC? I see they teach both SDI and PADI

I have SDI Solo Diver, PADI Divemaster, and TDI Trimix certifications.

I dive solo in SEFL all the time. As long as I have redundancy I've had very few issues with any of the boats. The boats that know me and know that I have my crap together give me zero pushback. However, for some reason, there are a few folks at PDC who always give me a bit of a hassle. Typically after asking me a few questions and checking my redundancy and gear they then have no issue with me diving solo. However, there have been a few who simply said "No". No big deal. Their boat, their rules. In those instances I just dove with another group or an instabuddy. I'm easy going about it. But yes, I would prefer some standard policy.

By the way I've NEVER been asked for my solo card. I've been asked if I'm certified but have not been asked to prove it by showing the card.

Thanks @JimBlay

I have SDI Solo also, I've only been asked to see it by operators I've never dived with before. I always inquire up front whether they allow solo diving, it has worked perfectly.

Very cool! I lived in and around Indianapolis for most of my life. We moved to Southwest FL in 2016 and I took a new job in Boca Raton this past August. We still have a place in Bonita Springs so we are officially bi-coastal. Almost all of my diving these days is off of SE FL from Jupiter down to Ft. Lauderdale with occasional trips down to Key Largo.
I dive the bridge keep me posted when diving .Looking for dive buddy .......

Diving w pompano dive center nov 14th 130 pm lady luck wreck if anyone is interested txt me 7657600485 benny

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom