Delray beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also jim i just saw your profile sais divin hoosier....im from muncie in lived there bout 32 yrs lol where ru from?

Very cool! I lived in and around Indianapolis for most of my life. We moved to Southwest FL in 2016 and I took a new job in Boca Raton this past August. We still have a place in Bonita Springs so we are officially bi-coastal. Almost all of my diving these days is off of SE FL from Jupiter down to Ft. Lauderdale with occasional trips down to Key Largo.

Booked my first welcome to south fl dives......pompano dive center fri at 830am 2 wrecks i believe captain dan and rsb1 maybe? Thanks for your info.on these wrecks.....i always do boynton reefs.....i dont know.why i havent tried the other areas for diving......i will be doing a bit of each area to get the full effect.....any other suggestions for GREAT REEF AREAS AND GREAT WRECKS BESIDES POMPANO?ALSO I CANT AFFORD TO DIVE 5 DAYS A WEEK I WISHHHHHH HAHAH......any pointers on free beach dives or cheap local dives and good SNORKEL SPOTS???

Blue Heron Bridge is a must. Phil Foster Park in Riviera Beach. That is my "go to" shore dive when I don't want to pay for a charter. It's free and is good to snorkel or to dive.

Here are a few websites with details.

A Local's Advice on Diving the Blue Heron Bridge - SDI | TDI | ERDI
Blue Heron Bridge Diving and Tides | Force-E Scuba Centers
Dive Blue Heron Bridge - Phil Foster Park Pura Vida Divers : Discover South Florida SCUBA Diving
Blue Heron Bridge Scuba - The Best Shore Diving in the Americas - Blue Heron Bridge Scuba

Another great snorkel/free dive location I enjoy is Coral Cove Park and Blowing Rock Park (they are just down the beach from each other) on Jupiter Island.

Thats cool i was an hour or so from you in indy and moved here om 2016 as well....crazy.....thanks for the heads up on more dive sites amd free ones too!!!

Haf a good time with pompano dove center .....sae rsb1 and captain dan wrecks and it had some cool swim throughs....It was a very good intro to pompano beach diving and cant wait to go again.....viz hasnt been all thay great this week maybe 25 30 feet so im goimg to wait a few weeks and hopefully it clears up.....

How does Pompano Dive Center handle solo divers?
Do they send a dive guide down and the group follows or they pair you up on the boat with insta-buddy and groups go down by themselves?

To clarify I dont have Solo cert, but I prefer to dive mid-week, so I usually show up alone.

Not sure i guess its your call i believe....i domt think they care ifnu dive solo but csll them to verify

How does Pompano Dive Center handle solo divers?
Do they send a dive guide down and the group follows or they pair you up on the boat with insta-buddy and groups go down by themselves?

Unlike some of the boats in SFL they do not typically put a diver in the water with you. They expect you to either dive with a buddy, a buddy group or be solo with redundancy. I have had mixed luck diving solo with them even though I'm a certified divemaster, solo diver, and trimix diver. When diving solo I always have redundancy ... either doubles or a separate pony bottle. Typically I've been allowed to dive solo on their boat, but sometimes not. It is unfortunately a bit inconsistent with them and depends upon who is running the boat that day.

Unlike some of the boats in SFL they do not typically put a diver in the water with you. They expect you to either dive with a buddy, a buddy group or be solo with redundancy. I have had mixed luck diving solo with them even though I'm a certified divemaster, solo diver, and trimix diver. When diving solo I always have redundancy ... either doubles or a separate pony bottle. Typically I've been allowed to dive solo on their boat, but sometimes not. It is unfortunately a bit inconsistent with them and depends upon who is running the boat that day.
One would think the operator would have a standard policy regarding solo diving. I dive with operators who know me very well and with whom I have dived solo for a long time. I have dived with operators who require a solo certification and redundant gas. I have dived with operators who do not allow solo diving. Out of interest, which solo cert do you have? Does it make a difference with PDC? I see they teach both SDI and PADI

@JimBlay, thanks for the info... I know if I just call them I might get a standard answer. Since you dove with them before, your info is appreciated....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom