Deerfield Beach Ledges

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Park at the south end, away from the lifeguard stands. Parking, like LBTS can be problematic, so get there early. We park as far south as possible. You're "not allowed" to dive in a lifeguarded area, so you have to swim out then north if that is the direction you want to go. I've gone north and south, I think south is a little bit better. The area changes dramatically from one season to the next. Some times ledges are exposed and other times it's pretty flat. Sometimes it's excellent for macro, other times good for shelling, and other times, lots to see. You will probably see turtles also. Night diving is pretty cool. overall though, it's a good place to dive.. once or twice.. many better beach diving places than there.

Park at the south end, away from the lifeguard stands. Parking, like LBTS can be problematic, so get there early. We park as far south as possible. You're "not allowed" to dive in a lifeguarded area, so you have to swim out then north if that is the direction you want to go. I've gone north and south, I think south is a little bit better. The area changes dramatically from one season to the next. Some times ledges are exposed and other times it's pretty flat. Sometimes it's excellent for macro, other times good for shelling, and other times, lots to see. You will probably see turtles also. Night diving is pretty cool. overall though, it's a good place to dive.. once or twice.. many better beach diving places than there.
Thanks, Miss Jenny. So, sounds like the bottom is nothing like the reefy stuff at LBTS.

Not even close. I dived it one time and was actually bored with the amount of life.. Another time I limited out on lobster, another time got some really nice shells, and another a fantastic night dive, and one time actually had a pretty good dive and saw turtles. Of course this was all before I started lugging a camera, so I can't say how macro life is..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom