Deep Into Deco Pre-order

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It'd take some time to be on Amazon; still in the pre-order phase.

I'm surprised the publisher wouldn't take advantage of Pre-order sales on Amazon. I order books months in advance on a regular basis and at the least, add them to my Wish List so I don't forget about it.

I'm surprised the publisher wouldn't take advantage of Pre-order sales on Amazon. I order books months in advance on a regular basis and at the least, add them to my Wish List so I don't forget about it.

The publisher is Best Publishing (Best Publishing Company - Home). They probably have an explanation. Write to them and keep me copied.

---------- Post added February 23rd, 2015 at 07:59 AM ----------

But why not just make an order at their web page? What's so special about Amazon?

The publisher is Best Publishing (Best Publishing Company - Home). They probably have an explanation. Write to them and keep me copied.

---------- Post added February 23rd, 2015 at 07:59 AM ----------

But why not just make an order at their web page? What's so special about Amazon?

I emailed BPC. I'll keep this thread updated with any response I get.

Why Amazon? I don't like to give my credit card info out to 100 different retailers. I also have great trust and respect for Amazon and its business model. Any negative issues I've ever had with them were corrected immediately... besides great prices and free shipping.

Best Publishing is charging $10.29 ( 1/3 the cost of the book) as the cheapest shipping option. Amazon (with my Prime membership) gives me 2 day shipping at no additional charge.

I saw a new edition of Deco for Divers listed on Amazon last year, with a publication date of December 15, 2014. I pre-ordered it, but a few days ago Amazon cancelled my order due to lack of availability. Does anyone know when this will come out, and how I can order it?
I ordered one a few weeks ago from Amazon. It has shipped already and I can expect it here in the mail any day.

I saw a new edition of Deco for Divers listed on Amazon last year, with a publication date of December 15, 2014. I pre-ordered it, but a few days ago Amazon cancelled my order due to lack of availability. Does anyone know when this will come out, and how I can order it?

Order it direct through Mark Powell and you'll get it in a week or two. I received mine around February 1.

Order it direct through Mark Powell and you'll get it in a week or two. I received mine around February 1.
I wish I had known that I could have done that. Amazon is ok, but I much rather the author get most of the book costs...I have heard that Amazon takes a Hugh percentage of the book cost.

Hi, book looks very interesting, and I thought i make an order, but the delivery costs to Finland would have been over 49$.... Pity....

Hi, book looks very interesting, and I thought i make an order, but the delivery costs to Finland would have been over 49$.... Pity....

Electronic version is currently in the phase of final revision. Will be out in hopefully a couple of weeks. The hard copy will be on Amazon as well, but it'd take some time. BPC has just dropped a line saying they're trying their best to come up with better shipping options.

I wish I had known that I could have done that. Amazon is ok, but I much rather the author get most of the book costs...I have heard that Amazon takes a Hugh percentage of the book cost.
It depends on how amazon carries it. If you run a store through amazon where you ship the goods to the customer, vs an amazon store where amazon holds your stock and amazon ships to the customer vs amazon buying the books and selling them directly are all different, with decreasing profit to the publisher.

But a lot of diving books are hard to get through amazon for some reason. Jill Heinerth's books are available through her store but through amazon you mostly get resellers who mark it up.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom