Deep Into Deco Pre-order

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will it be on Amazon?

It would be great if you offered this book on the Kindle Matchbook Program. I would be more likely to buy both copies.

Will it be on Amazon?

It would be great if you offered this book on the Kindle Matchbook Program. I would be more likely to buy both copies.

It will be on Amazon ASAP I believe. The publisher is Best Publishing (in the US so shipping to where you are should be no problem, even without Amazon). There'll also be an electronic version, not Kindle though. They offer ePub. More info at Best Publishing Company - Home

Antioxidants?

Ken, you can go on our resource library for scientific articles published in the last 15 years.

Add Helium Resource Library | Add Helium

Look under "DCS - Antioxidant" to see the list of articles published on the subject.

Asser, I ordered your book and am curious what your conclusions are on those various "new" subjects and understandings. Just on the subject of antioxidants, it appears that no definitive conclusion can be drawn.

I am applauding you for making new information available to divers, regardless of outcome. We at Add Helium are trying to do the same. It is time to "enlighten" the rest of us divers on the knowledge based on science rather than on myth.

Claudia

It is time to "enlighten" the rest of us divers on the knowledge based on science rather than on myth.

Exactly. That's why I used numbered references in the text and collected them at the end of the book, so that the reader knows where did that come from.

Ken, you can go on our resource library for scientific articles published in the last 15 years.

Add Helium Resource Library | Add Helium

Look under "DCS - Antioxidant" to see the list of articles published on the subject.

Asser, I ordered your book and am curious what your conclusions are on those various "new" subjects and understandings. Just on the subject of antioxidants, it appears that no definitive conclusion can be drawn.

I am applauding you for making new information available to divers, regardless of outcome. We at Add Helium are trying to do the same. It is time to "enlighten" the rest of us divers on the knowledge based on science rather than on myth.

Claudia

You might want to check your links:

Wiley Online Library: Not Found

I'll have a read though, thank you.

You might want to check your links:

Wiley Online Library: Not Found

I'll have a read though, thank you.

Hello Ken,

Unfortunately links will expire. My suggestion, go to "scholar.google.com" and copy/paste the name of the article you are looking for. Hopefully the article is now public access and thus free of charge. On Wiley Online Library many articles have to be purchased.

Regards, Claudia

Ken, the only article in this section from Wiley is:

Obad A, et al - The effects of acute oral antioxidants on diving-induced alterations in humancardiovascular function
J Physiol 2007; 578: 859-870
[COLOR=rgb(0.000000%, 0.000000%, 100.000000%)]http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1113/jphysiol.2006.122218/full

And this link still works, but here is another one and it is free of charge:

[/COLOR]http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/store/10.1113/jphysiol.2006.122218/asset/jphysiol.2006.122218.pdf?v=1&t=i66y3coc&08628c40
[COLOR=rgb(0.000000%, 0.000000%, 100.000000%)]

Hope this works for you.

First review I received via email:

"Got my copy via FedEx yesterday. I scanned through it and it looks great. Nice job. I made a comment post in Facebook on the Tech Diving Mag page under your original post about the book. I also posted it to our local tech diving group page. Thanks for the time and effort you took to help us all be better divers."

Chris "Doc" Radley

Still not on Amazon [emoji22].

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom