Deep Air - Here we go again....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The value of a training course is often dependent upon the Instructor that teaches it.

My instructor was one of the top IANTD instructors of the day having been trained directly by Tom Mount, sat on the IANTD Board and is in the Woman's Scuba Hall of Fame. It was the program that was lacking, not the instructor.

Hal is an experienced Deep Air diver, who I would have thought would run an excellent program. If you wish to discount the value of this type of training because of your experience, that's your prerogative.

You dodged my question and are avoiding my point. Sit and spin, sit and spin.

No one said he didn't have right to his own point of view.

Yes, I'm entitled to my point of view unless it doesn't agree with others, whereupon I'm labeled ego driven, macho and a bad instructor.

Mind you even DCBC doesn't say its better, but he doesn't hold helium to the same regard as others

Deep Air isn't better; it is what it is. I've made my livelihood breathing helium. "Doesn't hold it to the same regard as others?" For a diver who's trained to use it, it is the preferred gas to be used outside a person's narcosis envelope. That said, everyone is not certified to use it and it brings a danger that is beyond simple narcosis. It is a two-edged sword.

Its a matter of degrees on where you draw the line and the risk you want to take.

I agree. We each have to make this individual choice and it should be respected.

But he does play the "I'm a commercial diver and my balls are made of steel" card way to often promoting the use of deep air.

That has not been my intention. I only pointed out that commercial divers successfully utilize deep air daily. It's use is governed by various government safety regulations and it's not something that's irresponsible. They don't use it to be macho. That's the point I was trying to make.

That has not been my intention. I only pointed out that commercial divers successfully utilize deep air daily. It's use is governed by various government safety regulations and it's not something that's irresponsible. They don't use it to be macho. That's the point I was trying to make.

Horse ****. If that were the case, you wouldn't have made this retarded post about "where have all the macho divers like me gone?":

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/4910528-post1.html

Yes, I'm entitled to my point of view unless it doesn't agree with others, whereupon I'm labeled ego driven, macho and a bad instructor.

You are still entitled to your position. The labeling comes after. It (the labeling ) also doesn't happen in a vacuum. There is a reason for it. If it was just me that had that attituide about you, it could very well be that I would be totally wrong. But its not.

There could be something in your "tone" and "attituide" of your posts that make some people think that way....maybe. (and it might not even be intentional.)

My instructor was one of the top IANTD instructors of the day having been trained directly by Tom Mount, sat on the IANTD Board and is in the Woman's Scuba Hall of Fame. It was the program that was lacking, not the instructor.

If you have a complaint with IANTD, perhaps it would be more fruitful to discuss it with them. I know Tom and I'm sure he would be interested in hearing your point of view.

You dodged my question and are avoiding my point. Sit and spin, sit and spin.

I dodge nothing. Keep in-mind our conversation isn't mandatory. Sit and spin on that. If I've missed something, you can point this out in a civilized manner. If you are asking if I have taken a program on deep air, the answer is yes; as a Navy Diver. I have not taken an IANTD program, but I teach deep air courses.

If you have a complaint with IANTD, perhaps it would be more fruitful to discuss it with them. I know Tom and I'm sure he would be interested in hearing your point of view.

I dodge nothing. Keep in-mind our conversation isn't mandatory. Sit and spin on that. If I've missed something, you can point this out in a civilized manner. If you are asking if I have taken a program on deep air, the answer is yes; as a Navy Diver. I have not taken an IANTD program, but I teach deep air courses.

Hmm, then who do you teach through?

Horse ****. If that were the case, you wouldn't have made this retarded post about "where have all the macho divers like me gone?"

The topic was "Where is the Macho in Diving Today?" Macho defined (within the post) as masculine. It was about challenge and the types of diving people experience today. Quite being such a moron.

DCBC/IMCA, CMAS and ACUC

And you havent taken a deep air course, or deep air instructor training course through them? Per your previous post, it makes it seem as though you haven't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom