Deep 6 Gear Excursion DC: what would you change?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any changes to how an NDL breach is handled? It is currently some clock that says how long you have gone past the NDL, but not how much deco obligation you have.

BTW, SUPER AWESOME news this is :D I am super stoked...and thank you for the free upgrade to the current owners!!! D6 ROCKS!!

Any changes to how an NDL breach is handled? It is currently some clock that says how long you have gone past the NDL, but not how much deco obligation you have.
It doesn't sound like it's even remotely the same firmware at all. The current "clock" is on the recreational dc. This will be a tech computer with completley different firmware. It might as well be a different dc that just looks the same on the outside.

Tech Lite Firmware:
- User Defined Gradient Factors
- 3 Nitrox Gas Mixes (to 99%)
- Quick Gas Change Menu Underwater
- 3rd Party Application Support (MacDive, DiveLog.de, etc)
- Available December 2021

I don't think there's another option out there for a nice clean low profile backup that doesn't break the bank such as this? I'm pretty excited...even more so that I already own 2.

P.S. - Really hope this makes it to the final release;
SmartSelect_20211124-040842_Gallery.jpg

BTW, SUPER AWESOME news this is :D I am super stoked...and thank you for the free upgrade to the current owners!!! D6 ROCKS!!
The current Excursion firmware is designed for no stop recreational diving, so while some don't be like it, it is doing what it is designed for

As I said in my post, the new firmware changes everything, that includes not being only focused on being a recreational no stop computer.

This gives TTS in deco.

It doesn't sound like it's even remotely the same firmware at all. The current "clock" is on the recreational dc. This will be a tech computer with completley different firmware. It might as well be a different dc that just looks the same on the outside.

Tech Lite Firmware:
- User Defined Gradient Factors
- 3 Nitrox Gas Mixes (to 99%)
- Quick Gas Change Menu Underwater
- 3rd Party Application Support (MacDive, DiveLog.de, etc)
- Available December 2021

I don't think there's another option out there for a nice clean low profile backup that doesn't break the bank such as this? I'm pretty excited...even more so that I already own 2.

P.S. - Really hope this makes it to the final release;
View attachment 692486
It won't

Will there be a user's manual reflecting the Tech Lite firmware soon? This is a huge improvement in the Deep 6 Excursion. At the current price of $275 or the new price of $350, it really has no competition for the features it will offer.

I took a look at the manual but didn't see what it does if you violate its deco recommendations. I assume it won't lock you out, but is that actually the case?

I took a look at the manual but didn't see what it does if you violate its deco recommendations. I assume it won't lock you out, but is that actually the case?
Does not lock you out. It has a clock that starts counting up past deco, but doesn't say anything about stops (and least not that I remember).

Does not lock you out. It has a clock that starts counting up past deco, but doesn't say anything about stops (and least not that I remember).
It does not lock you out.
Manual p12-13:
It shows time past NDL and depth of ceiling.​
When you reach the ceiling, it shows Stop time.​
When you've cleared the stop it shows CLEAR.​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom