Deep 6 Gear Excursion DC: what would you change?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nope, but thanks for the update.
It is literally just a link to our facebook post, I am not tracking you or anybody, most likely facebookj is of course.

I am not tracking you or anybody, most likely facebookj is of course.
I saw you in my rear view...pretty sure it was you:)

Well after reading the Facebook post by Deep6, all I can say is that things just got really interesting! Pretty awesome.

I was able to read the news and notes by zooming in.

That’s all just bad a$$.

Santa’s elves are crushin’ it in the workshop.

Nope, but thanks for the update.

Yea, I cant see the link either. Facebook is not just a data Hoover, they are playing the obnoxious 800lb gorilla and not even letting me see Deep Six's page (linked from their own website) unless I were to login.

@cerich would you be so kind as to post the info here directly. I know I am not the only one who is not particularly interested in advancing The Brain's Zuc's plans to take over the world.

While you are at it, dimensions on the various Dry-bags would be much appreciated. Volume is nice, but insufficient for determining application suitability. FWIW, they look like great products!

Yea, I cant see the link either. Facebook is not just a data Hoover, they are playing the obnoxious 800lb gorilla and not even letting me see Deep Six's page (linked from their own website) unless I were to login.

@cerich would you be so kind as to post the info here directly. I know I am not the only one who is not particularly interested in advancing The Brain's Zuc's plans to take over the world.

While you are at it, dimensions on the various Dry-bags would be much appreciated. Volume is nice, but insufficient for determining application suitability. FWIW, they look like great products!

Think squeaky voice stuff.

Here is what it ways on FAcebook:

Deep6

215200m6o0ma2hfafe1d ·

TLDR; The Exucursion computer will be capable of doing what NO other dive computer on the market can do at this price point.

No, it isn't a fancy color screen, doesn't have GPS, or air integration. However, it is a REAL solution for an inexpensive entry into technical diving, and as an alternative backup technical computer. These additional firmware features are going to be amazing.

Further details and hints below:

1.) We have a HUGE shipment of Excursion DCs arriving first week of December, currently loaded with the existing firmware.

2.) We WILL be rolling out TWO new Deep6 EXCLUSIVE firmwares, coded in the USA by our own in-house dev team.

3.) The Tech Lite version will be released by the end of the year.

4.) ALL existing Deep 6 Excursion owners will be able to do a FREE firmware upgrade to the Tech Lite firmware.

Some Key Feature Highlights:

Tech Lite Firmware:
- User Defined Gradient Factors
- 3 Nitrox Gas Mixes (to 99%)
- Quick Gas Change Menu Underwater
- 3rd Party Application Support (MacDive, DiveLog.de, etc)
- Available December 2021

Expedition Trimix Firmware:
- Tech Lite Firmware Features, plus:
- Full Trimix OC/CC
- 10 Gas Mixes
- Fixed Set Point Diving (Closed Circuit Rebreather mode)
- Available January 2022

While these are the major feature updates, there are numerous other tweaks and improvements that users will be excited about, stay tuned!

The interface is still a work in progress, and the image below might not represent the final layout, but the Deep6 team has been busy coding and adding features to make the Excursion an exceptional offering.

The price of the Excursion will be going to $349.99 after the end of this month, but as part of the Black Friday Specials we will maintain current pricing through 11/30.

If you buy it now before the price increase, it will ship by Dec 15th, and you will be able to upgrade the firmware to the Tech Lite Firmware described above for FREE by end of year.

The EXPEDITION TRIMIX UPGRADE firmware will be available by mid-January 2022 . All Deep6 Excursions will be able to be upgraded to the Trimix version for a $75.00. (Note - we will need your serial number when you purchase the upgrade.)

Many thanks to Landon and the Deep6 skunk works nerd department team for working tirelessly on the new software, and also to Crest for partnering with us and providing such a capable hardware platform to do our in-house software development on.

Direct from their page (along with the picture posted!);

TLDR; The Exucursion computer will be capable of doing what NO other dive computer on the market can do at this price point.

No, it isn't a fancy color screen, doesn't have GPS, or air integration. However, it is a REAL solution for an inexpensive entry into technical diving, and as an alternative backup technical computer. These additional firmware features are going to be amazing.

Further details and hints below:

1.) We have a HUGE shipment of Excursion DCs arriving first week of December, currently loaded with the existing firmware.

2.) We WILL be rolling out TWO new Deep6 EXCLUSIVE firmwares, coded in the USA by our own in-house dev team.

3.) The Tech Lite version will be released by the end of the year.

4.) ALL existing Deep 6 Excursion owners will be able to do a FREE firmware upgrade to the Tech Lite firmware.

Some Key Feature Highlights:

Tech Lite Firmware:
- User Defined Gradient Factors
- 3 Nitrox Gas Mixes (to 99%)
- Quick Gas Change Menu Underwater
- 3rd Party Application Support (MacDive, DiveLog.de, etc)
- Available December 2021

Expedition Trimix Firmware:
- Tech Lite Firmware Features, plus:
- Full Trimix OC/CC
- 10 Gas Mixes
- Fixed Set Point Diving (Closed Circuit Rebreather mode)
- Available January 2022

While these are the major feature updates, there are numerous other tweaks and improvements that users will be excited about, stay tuned!

The interface is still a work in progress, and the image below might not represent the final layout, but the Deep6 team has been busy coding and adding features to make the Excursion an exceptional offering.

The price of the Excursion will be going to $349.99 after the end of this month, but as part of the Black Friday Specials we will maintain current pricing through 11/30.

If you buy it now before the price increase, it will ship by Dec 15th, and you will be able to upgrade the firmware to the Tech Lite Firmware described above for FREE by end of year.

The EXPEDITION TRIMIX UPGRADE firmware will be available by mid-January 2022 . All Deep6 Excursions will be able to be upgraded to the Trimix version for a $75.00. (Note - we will need your serial number when you purchase the upgrade.)

Many thanks to Landon and the Deep6 skunk works nerd department team for working tirelessly on the new software, and also to Crest for partnering with us and providing such a capable hardware platform to do our in-house software development on.
See less

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 46

Back
Top Bottom