Suggestion deceptive comments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
SteveFass

SteveFass

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Is there anything we can do about ScubaBoarders who are being deceptive in their comments for personal financial gain? I just "outed" one member in the travel section, but that probably won't stop her, and there's bound to be others.

LeFlaneur:
I just picked up a simple and inexpensive program to stop such posts.
Everyone should know that you are trying to deceive us. Are you not LaFlaneur of FlaneurProducts, Inc. and is not this product you are promoting your very own? Caught red handed and duly exposed I'd say!

Such hypocrisy... such duplicity.... such chicanery... oh, the irony of it all.

Uncle Pug:
Everyone should know that you are trying to deceive us. Are you not LaFlaneur of FlaneurProducts, Inc. and is not this product you are promoting your very own? Caught red handed and duly exposed I'd say!

Such hypocrisy... such duplicity.... such chicanery... oh, the irony of it all.
Actually, you mentioned the name LaFlaneur three times in your post, strongly suggesting that you have an interest here. Can you say, sock puppet???

Consider yourself outed.

Well.... perhaps I do have some stock in FlaneurProducts, Inc. ... but I assure you that has nothing to do with my mentioning the name LaFlaneur! Did I mention the $49.99 LaFlaneur basic program? Hmmm? Or did I mention the Turbo Deluxe Pro 5.0 version for just $89.99? Hmmmm? No, sir! I did not!

Neither did I mention that by referring to this post you receive a 10% discount when you order two... but only if you order within the next hour.

So there!

And if you order now we'll throw in a free sock puppet!

Is there a thread where advertiser's can post their wares or services where anyone going into the thread can expect the solicitation from them?

Tech Admin:
There is no way to screen who is legitimate and who is not
You could turn the reputation feature back on. That worked well for the 30 minutes or so it was on before...

"well" is completely subjective. For those of us who had to deal with the din of whining and complaining brought about by it, NO it wasn't going "well".

NetDoc:
"well" is completely subjective. For those of us who had to deal with the din of whining and complaining brought about by it, NO it wasn't going "well".
Oh, I'm sorry... let me rephrase that,

"Why not use the reputation system. That went well last time. :11: "

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom