Safety in Manado

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manado is the Chtistian strong hold in the country and much much safer than the seedy Phuket in Thailand. There is nothing to worry about.
Enjoy the trip.
Think you might be right there Centrals........Am finalising flights and accom right now! 😁:yeahbaby:

Tell your wife that I have traveled to Manado many times solo. The worst things that have happened at the airport were people wanting to take a photo with me. I guess I look like a movie star?

Manado was my first destination in Indonesia back in the 90s and I've been back multiple times, the most recent in 2022 just as Indonesia opened their borders post-Covid.

North Sulawesi is one of the safest places to go diving.

Take the usual precautions to avoid being bitten by mosquitos and use common sense.

Hi, returning diver here. 17 long years ago life got in the way of diving. My wife and I had selected where we would dive next and then..........Anyway, for our first trip since I found the very place we would have visited next - TwoFish Divers in Manado. Unfortunately my wife has just read the Swiss travel advisory for Indonesia and is freaking out :eek: She is convinced we will be :-
kidnapped
arrested for being in possession of aspirin
infected with rabies, typhoid, yellow fever, monkeypox, malaria
robbed
Obviously any combination or even all of the above are likely..........
Could anyone who has had a good or bad experience at Manado Airport or a resort please let me know so I/we can reassure her.
Ta v. much
Jelf

ahahah.... we have something similar in italy... and its mostly ridiculous..
For over 20 years they advised against going to bali... because of terrorism... the 2002 attacks... but they never advised against going to new york after 9/11 or paris after the attacks..:p
I think north sulawesi is the place where i have been the most times and for the longest time during my travels in indonesia... generally i find it much safer and quieter than my city in italy..:wink:
Enjoy the trip..

Manado was my first destination in Indonesia back in the 90s and I've been back multiple times, the most recent in 2022 just as Indonesia opened their borders post-Covid.

North Sulawesi is one of the safest places to go diving.

Take the usual precautions to avoid being bitten by mosquitos and use common sense

"North Sulawesi is one of the safest places to go diving."
That was one of the reasons we chose it all those many years ago. Susi just got an attack of the wobblies really. The replies to my post have been v. helpful in bringing her back! Thank God! Am currently trying to piece together our itinerary, finalising resorts, flights etc. Still, I could be doing worse things on a Sunday..........😁 Ta v. much for helping Searcaigh!

ahahah.... we have something similar in italy... and its mostly ridiculous..
For over 20 years they advised against going to bali... because of terrorism... the 2002 attacks... but they never advised against going to new york after 9/11 or paris after the attacks..:p
I think north sulawesi is the place where i have been the most times and for the longest time during my travels in indonesia... generally i find it much safer and quieter than my city in italy..:wink:
Enjoy the trip..
Grazie mille! Mmm.....Boletus 1973......warm smell? Just askin' 🌵:)

Back
Top Bottom