December roll call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Name............................Date.........................Staying At.................Dive Op
Mantaman............................10/21 - 12/2?...............Casa....................................3P
jbjclj (Jay & Cheryl)...........10/23 - 12/4 ................Villa Las Anclas .............3P
MMM.....................................Mid-Nov - Mid-Apr...House................................Living Underwater
Divegoose............................11/20 - 12/4..................Scuba Club.......................Scuba Club
don98....................................11/25 - 12/4 ................Casa Mexicana ..............3P
kaerius...................................11/26 - 12/27...............?............................................?
gstrek +2..............................11/27 - 12/4.................Scuba Club......................Scuba Club
NDL_Diver+wife................11/27 - 12/18...............Condo North...................Aldora
v&j..........................................11/27 - 12/18...............Villa Las Anclas...............3P
jonhall...................................11/27 - 12/4..................Coral Princes...................?(maybe Pepe)
jonhall...................................12/4 - 12/11..................El Cid La Ceiba ..............?(maybe Babieca)
ReefHound..........................12/3 - 12/12 ................Allegro...............................Scuba Shack?
Deepsea21..........................12/3 - 12/25.................Casa Mexicana................3P
Grateful................................12/4 - 12/11..................?...........................................Salty Endeavors
diveallthetime....................12/4 - 12/15...........Villa's Chango & Blanca...Papa Hogs
Guerrila_Divemaster+1..12/4 - 12/19.................Allegro...............................Pro Divers
bvbellomo...........................12/5 - 12/11................Quinta Suites...................3P
Gopbroek............................12/5 - 12/14.................Casa....................................3P
DandyDon...........................12/8 - 12/15 ...............Mary Carmen...................Salty Endeavors
riceowls................................12/10 - 12/19............PDC, then Quinta Stes....3P (+ Cenote Xp. in PDC)
ScubaJCBS+7D+2ND.....12/11 - 12/18..............Condo - south..................Dive Palancar
mstevens & Tracy............12/13 - 12/18..Casa Suzana & Hac. San Mig..Likely not diving
Matt & Sandi.....................12/24 - 12/31..............Blue Angel..........................Blue Angel
Rob9876+1D+3ND.........12/25 - 1/1...................Condo - centro.................3P
turtlegurl+1.......................12/26 - 1/3....................Casa del Mar.....................Cozumel Marine World

Ok, for those of you who've been there in the past week: what's the water temp looking like?
We were there 2 weeks ago and the water temps ranged from 80-82º. Was ok with a 3 mil shorty but would have preferred a 3 mil full.

Ok, for those of you who've been there in the past week: what's the water temp looking like?
I only looked at that on my computer once as I doubt that those are especially accurate, but mine said 84°F. I wore the same 1 mil jumpsuit that I wear in the summer but added my 1 mil beanie. The last time I went in February, I had to add a 3 mil shorty.

I was getting 82F the few times I checked. The air is a bit cooler so you might be chillier topside. Boat jackets and beanies will be appreciated. Focus on your topside thermal protection.

Thanks for the replies! That's about what I was expecting, but still so nice to hear -- can't wait!

Anyone coming first week of December that might be traveling light and be willing to bring a DAN emergency O2 kit?

I need to call the airlines and find out the exact rules - as far as I know, the valve just has to be out of the tank.
Assuming you did not get this? Mine was seized by customs and destroyed. Two new units to be exact. Not happy. But I tried shipping it with FedEx, not an airport mule. Customs tells me it must be imported under "medical equipment." My customs agent is putting together my next order now. If you need to get one into Mexico, I can probaby add it to my shipment. Not going to gamble a second time.

Assuming you did not get this? Mine was seized by customs and destroyed. Two new units to be exact. Not happy. But I tried shipping it with FedEx, not an airport mule. Customs tells me it must be imported under "medical equipment." My customs agent is putting together my next order now. If you need to get one into Mexico, I can probaby add it to my shipment. Not going to gamble a second time.
Wow - I ordered it thru DAN and they just had issues with stuff coming back from DEMA and were not able to ship it in time - they did ship it to me and I did recieve it - $180 for shipping and 2500 pesos to Fed Ex assuming that was import fees.

I just pulled the paperwork off the box and they don't seem to have anything special written on there, just a description of what it was and saying it was to be used by me...

You probably didn't see it on Facebook but one local had a new phone shipped here - they put a sticker on the package, "High Value" - suprise suprise, no phone in the package - that was the same day my box came, maybe they were just happy with his phone and ignored my box..... Sad....

<sigh>

Well, lucky you! I shipped two of them, so I suppose maybe it raised a few more red flags that way being a larger package and higher value. Probably should have shipped one at a time. I argued FedEx for two weeks on this. None of their suggested brokers could assist me saying, "medical, can't help." By the time my broker had the paperwork ready, FedEx already destroyed the packages. Such garbage.

This time I am bringing in three O2 kits, and doing it with my broker. Can't risk that crap twice. But these customs brokers are highway roberry! For my brewery $25,000 in equipment was $18,000 in taxes. I am not smart enough to understand international commerce and tariffs, but that is some BS. Can't wait to see what my "medical equipment" O2 kits cost me in taxes.

You think it might be easier to bring them across a land entry like at Nvo Laredo? I've driven into mainland Mexico a dozen times or so and half the time customs didn't even stop and when the did it was mostly a cursory glance into the van. Once in Mexico, you could ship them around easily.

Back
Top Bottom