Dec 30th AL & FL Panhandle Holiday Dive-n-Dine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tom wicker:
Mat a Question for you my friend. The middle jettie down at the pass ever do much diving on the outside of it since Ivan? It might be kinda interesting of some of the objects a person might find there

This is not Mat but, I have dived the middle jetties, and it is about 12 - 14 foot deep with lots of tropicals in the summer probably not much this time of Year.

algulfdiver:
This is not Mat but, I have dived the middle jetties, and it is about 12 - 14 foot deep with lots of tropicals in the summer probably not much this time of Year.

Well Gary your information is just as good thanks for the reply.

Are you and your wife going to go over and watch the Anchor drop on New Years? I’m kinda lost this year again, we usually go over to see the ball drop in New Orleans but will not be able to make it this year, is that block party Sunday night? I hope you got your veggie tray we left for you all

I'm excited. Can't wait to meet you all. See ya at Tacky's Thanks Denise, this was a great idea. See you there.

So we know we're going to meet at Tacky Jacks in Orange Beach at 7pm Saturday night. Just say you are with the Scubaboarders!!:)

Those of us who have never been to Gary's Gulf Divers are going to come by his shop and visit him (and we expect a full tour and refreshments:D )(and maybe a discount on some dive gear:D ) What time do you open and close Gary? If we don't get to dive, we may be there awhile.

What about shore diving Saturday? Any possibility? Is there any place close around Orange Beach where the conditions will be favorable enough to get in a dive Saturday? You guys that know the area and do the shore diving all the time (Mat, Paul, Tom) get us up a plan. I'm leaving this up to you guys. Pump us in some sunshine and make the surf lie down!:14: Just let me know as soon as possible so that we can post the time and place to meet.

Also, if anyone is interested in doing Vortex/Morrisons Sunday, let me know. Andy and I may ride over there if there is any interest.

The surf was up earlier this week and the gulf was churned up, but its calmed down a bit and the visibility was cleaning up yesterday. As long as the surf stays down, shore diving is possible. If it picks back up, visibility probably won't have time to clean up by Saturday.

Dove Morrison on the 26th, water levels are picking up and visibility was ~15' in the basin. The cavern is still clear. Water levels out there are peaking today(it looks like) and will be going back down... NOAA river level predicitons show water levels to be back down to levels similar to Tuesday - conditions will probably be similar.

SuPrBuGmAn:
The surf was up earlier this week and the gulf was churned up, but its calmed down a bit and the visibility was cleaning up yesterday. As long as the surf stays down, shore diving is possible. If it picks back up, visibility probably won't have time to clean up by Saturday.

Dove Morrison on the 26th, water levels are picking up and visibility was ~15' in the basin. The cavern is still clear. Water levels out there are peaking today(it looks like) and will be going back down... NOAA river level predicitons show water levels to be back down to levels similar to Tuesday - conditions will probably be similar.

Mat,
No need to answer my PM. This answers my question.
Howard

WE HAVE A PLAN for the Shore Diving!!!:D

Those interested in trying to do a shore dive on Saturday before we meet at Tacky Jacks at 7pm can meet at 4pm at the public beach access next to Bahama Bob's in Gulf Shores. If the conditions are favorable, we will dive the Whiskey Wreck. If the conditions are not favorable, we can sit around and talk about it!!:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom