Dec 30th AL & FL Panhandle Holiday Dive-n-Dine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's ok Mat...It "is" called a Dive n Dine Holiday Get Together....we at least have to try to "dive" so we would have an excuse to get together and "dine":D

I just got home not to long ago from working bay side most the day till dark out toward Fort Morgan about 12 mile marker. Bay side up till dark was choppy as hell and no viz at a bulkhead on the lot. But this don't mean Gulf side was bad I just didn't get the chance to look. I will check it out in the AM

Thanks Tom,
We'll check out your report tomorrow!

The red flags are flying stiff and the surf is waist high. The viz looks as if it would suck. We took our lunch today at Tacky Jacks outside and most in the group got pretty cold but there was up to a thirty min. wait for an inside table.

The bay side part of the pass looked pretty good not to choppy. I dont know the tides for tomorrow but a east side bridge dive might be a thought if the viz would clear some. Other than that a backup plan might be given second thought to

As far as beach diving:
We're heading down that way in the morning. I'll just bring our gear in case. We'll still plan to meet at the beach access at Bahama Bobs at 4pm, and then if there is an alternate dive sight that would be better, we can go from there.

Tacky Jacks Saturday 7:00pm (as in tomorrow!)

Can't wait to meet the faces behind the avatars!! We'll see you all there!!:balloon

Just A Heads Up I Checked The Surf About 30 Min. Ago In Orange Beach And It Was Running About Waste To Chest High And Cresting..shore Dives Might Be A Little Tough,it Was Too Dark Outside To See How Clear It Was...off Shore Or The Springs Might Be A Good Idea..

Thanks guys for all the reports on the weather and sea conditions. You have all tried so hard to find us a place to dive today. I am looking forward to having a wonderful time...(no diving required)..it'll just be fun to meet everyone and swap tales and adventures of dives gone by, and make plans for new adventures.
Our plan today is to visit Gary's Gulf Divers, Orange Beach, when we get into town, be at the beach access by Bahama Bob's, Gulf Shores at 4pm (I drive a beige navigator with a trailer behind it..can't miss it), and be at Tacky Jacks, Orange Beach, at 7pm.
Come on out and lets have a good time!!!

Me and the wife had a nice time all. Thanks for the invite we don't get out much on pleasure geatherings it was a welcomed night out. Now we got to get some boat diving in and some from shore

Back
Top Bottom