Dania Erojacks May 29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David, we're going to meet at the beach entrance of 12th street in Pompano at 10:00 a.m. tomorrow if you still want to join us.

Trip Report
Got about 5 minutes to write before I am back off for a night dive.
Sometimes things don't turn out as planned and still turn out good. So, it was my fault for not checking with the park to see if renovations were going on and the beach was closed! Sorry guys (and gals). Then there were no BBQ grills at Dania we could use so we ended up at TY Park under some nice big ole shade trees trading stories.
Anyways, we gathered at the far end of the Dania Beach parking lot, geared up and headed out and north. Beautiful conditions, blue water, blue sky, good buddies. 7 of us in all, and learning from last weeks episode, we planned our dive and planned to dive our plan! Worked well, we sub divided our group into 3, and it was much easier going. I haven't dived the Erojacks in a year, so it was like going to see an old friend. There weren't as many fish as usual, but we were rewarded with a goliath grouper (like who has ever sees a goliath grouper on a beach dive before...very cool), lots of sharks, grunts, blue tangs, trummpetfish, queen angelfish and cow fish.
I had guests meeting us after the dive for the BBQ, but when we had to move, they decided to stay at the beach. So off to TY park the rest of us headed. Good time. Angie is an awesome cook, and made good use of dive knives as hamburg flippers!
Joe, and Lee, good meeting you and hope we can do this again. David, maybe next time. At least I got a face to put with the name now. Rick, Angie, Marvel, and Krista, as always, good diving and chatting with ya'll! I had a great time...
Now off to that night dive...

Jenny, Marvel, Krista, Lee, Rick and Angie
Thanks for a great day!

:jump013: :multi: :luxhello:

Scubaguy62:
David, we're going to meet at the beach entrance of 12th street in Pompano at 10:00 a.m. tomorrow if you still want to join us.
Thanks Rick. I won't be able to make it today. I have a strange engine shake going on with my mustang and someone is going to come take a look at it around noon today. I think I'm going to have to cancel my trip back to Venice Tuesday and Wednesday too.

I hope we have more of these get-togethers. I'll be looking out for them in the near future. Hopfully the weather stays favorable for some nice diving.

David

We had a blast!! Lots & lots of things to see even though the fish weren't out in droves. Several nurse sharks, the Goliath, red squirrels, bugs, 2 BIG porcupine fish- heck, as usual, I can't remember or ID them all....Long swim out, though- I've gotten spoiled!!!
Hanging out in the park later was so relaxing & enjoyable- Angie, you can cook for us anytime! Thanks so much! It's always a pleasure haning out with Jenny, Krista, Angie, & Rick & swapping stories & jokes. It was wonderful meeting Lee & Joe as well- hope you guys come down & dive with us again soon! Then, of course, most of gathered for a beach dive last night at my house...

Yes, the beach dive last night was cool. I think I finally figured out how to explain a night dive to non divers...Its like being in the woods in the dark with fog.

Anyways...Krista, Lee, Joe, Marvel, another Jenny and I geared up and headed southeast. The current was pretty good, and our plan was to turn the dive when Krista said so. We sub paired up again with Krista and I taking the lead. Neat looking back at the divers and seeing beams of light and glow sticks like alien landings.
Lots of lobsters, including spotted lobsters. Saw a golden eel sharing a hole with a crab, fish hiding under ledges, and glassy sweepers in the water column. A couple times I saw what I thought was a buddy on my side, but it was the silvery reflection of a larger fish passing by. Twice this happend, and think both times it was different fish. The first might of been a tarpon, but the second one, was farther away and only had a blink of the eye to see the head and it wasn't a tarpon.
Krista turned the dive at 34 minutes, and we drifted back to shore. My mosquito recorded a bottom time of 62 minutes.
Good dive, good buddies, can't wait to do it again. Joe, have a safe trip back, hope to see ya in a month for more diving. Lee, be safe on the road. Glad you could make it.
Krista and Marvel...again, good diving with ya

You guys are hands down the best buddies!!! Yes that includes you Grier, and both you Rebecca and Chris. Marvel, I think I'm going to talk Angie into cooking a nice Puertorican feast for when I get my medical clearance back. We can have the party at your place :eyebrow: Don't know how that will settle with Jenny, but hey, it's good food!!! It was a blast, despite my everflooding mask :mad1: but the conditions when we got in the water resembled Grand Cayman quite a bit...Grier, can you say free IDC????????

Jenny, the jacks will definitely grow on me, but I still think next time I do this dive (no earlier than mid July), I'm going to bring a raft :wink:

Scuba_Jenny:
My mosquito recorded a bottom time of 62 minutes.Good dive, good buddies, can't wait to do it again.

Hey all, I had a good time as well. It wasn't one of my better dives "(but, it's all good)". You gals are the bomb!! all that fun and no liquor, "sheer energy"!! The guys were good too!!!
BBQing a "10" for sure and thanks for the cooking compliments I loved doing it!!

Now Jenny, how did you come across that mosquito again? We never did get to hear that story yesterday!!

You had to what?? :eyebrow: Guys we have to do a beach camp-out/diving at the keys, it would be awsome.

By the way Grier, you were definitely on our minds yesterday. We had "hot salchichas / perro caliente" (hotdogs) :11ztongue Wait till you see those pictures!!!

Sounds like you all had a great time! Sorry Chris and I had to miss it, we're here in Atlanta though hanging out with some of our scuba buddies from Ohio! Having a blast. Here's to good diving today! Enjoy the rest of your Holiday and we'll see you next weekend!!! XXXXOOOOO :)

Great hanging with you guys; everyone's covered the general stuff...highlights for me....nurse sharks getting antsy with all of us staring away at it....

The night dive was a great refresher; haven't been on one one in a while.....amazing seeing all the lobsters just happy hanging out in the open, troming right across the sand. Saw a great french angel just in the transition from juvenile to adult...still had two yellow stripes up front, but had transitioned to the smaller spots to the rear.....how rare! The biggest highlight however, was coming across the turtle (sorry, coun't even begin to specify which kind). I felt almost like he had just settled in for a snooze and we woke him up....groggy, bewildered..."what are you people looking at".....then swam up the reef so slowly, as though he was leading us back in...and turned off to the east just when it was time for the humans to head in...I felt a little like a character in "Finding Nemo" for a few moments, trusting the turtle to lead us home (and my compass, of course).....
so, what's tomorrow's plan again?

Oh, many, many thanks to Rick and Angie for being the official cooks; Jenny for teh yummy snacks, Marvel for your hospitality and parking space :)........see ya'll tomorrow, I think?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom