Dania Erojacks May 29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny

dirty-finned dive goddess
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
What time Jenny??? I've got some making up to do, since I've not dived due to my injury, and due to an "8' bull shark" at Datura on Sunday, but please...not a sunrise dive!!!!!!!

Scuba_Jenny:
Anybody up for an awesome shore dive? Haven't done this dive in a while and its been a calling ma name....This weekend looks to be an a good weekend to be neath the seas...
Jenny,
I am definably up for a dive on Saturday at Dania or at Datura when ever the majority wants to dive. (After three failed tries I may be able to meet a few members of the board)

OK OK no sunrise dive...How about we meet round 8:30? first parking lot on right after going into the park. There is a parking lot and also a field. I park in the field...closer to the walkover...

Chris and I will be there in spirit. Have fun and don't get eaten by the sharks LOL!! We'll be thinking of you!

Scuba_Jenny:
OK OK no sunrise dive...How about we meet round 8:30? first parking lot on right after going into the park. There is a parking lot and also a field. I park in the field...closer to the walkover...
Jenny,
For the newbie ……Please post direction to the park.

Although I didn't meet up with anyone from ScubaBoard, I did my first salt water dives at the Dania Erojacks on 10-Apr-04. Here's a link to the directions that Grier posted. I found the cost for a single driver in a car to be $3 and I think the max was $5/vehicle (each add'l passenger was $0.50).

I'll definitely be back when we next go to Florida.

-Rob

Man, if I wasn't on the road this weekend, I'd be with you! (BTW, I think the fee per car changes with time of day, if I remember correctly.)

Safe ascents to all,
Grier

I was thinking about my only trip to the jacks, earlier in the year when the water was cooler, and remembered this handy tip:

Scuba_Jenny:
Anybody up for an awesome shore dive? Haven't done this dive in a while and its been a calling ma name....This weekend looks to be an a good weekend to be neath the seas...
http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/boatandbeach/nearshoreforecast/33324?zoneId=AMZ651
SATURDAY...SOUTHEAST WINDS AROUND 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET OR LESS. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. .
That's a nice dive. My wife and I have done it a couple of times. The jacks terminate at a very nice looking reef.

I may be able to make it there at 8:30 on Saturday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom