Beach night dive, South Broward, Wednesday August 29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me too!!!!!

I am unsure if I'll dive in town this weekend coming up, I need to see what my boyfriend has planned and, of course, I'm in Venice on Saturday.

The following weekend I'll be out of town.

But hang in there, we still have three months of warm water to dive in and I assure you I'll run more beach dives. :)

WoW You guys have diveable water down there? Right now this area is just crap! Seaweed a plenty on top, Rolling yucky crap on the bottom and Pea Soup inbetween.

Hopefully this crap will move on to Jacksonville soon and we will get back the 25' to 30' of visibilty we had for about two weeks here.

I am stubornly leaving my gear right next to the door in the living room. I was set for a dive and this crap rolled in overnight and I refuse to break it down and put it back in the closet!

What sort of incense does King Neptune like anyhow??

Eric

I don't know if we do or do not, but I hope to get a trip report from Kim about her dive tonight! The beach cam looks OK.

OK, who's going? So far we have me, Gooch, Mrs. Gooch and...YOU? :blinking:

YAY, a friend of mine will be joining us, Donna, she is a very experienced diver and great bug spotter/catcher!

Last call for lobster-haul!!!

7:30 tonight...north end of Dania Beach by the pier...a long walk but worth it...Beach Cam looks awesome...come on folks, let's dive dive dive!

Let me know what the viz is like, it looked pretty stirred up

Have fun =(

Just got home from the open house at my son's school .... hope you guys are finding some bugs ... i only found one last night ... I think they are hideing :wink:
KP

Dennis, the vis was diveable but not great.

The seas were good tonight though, and we had a fairly strong southbound current. Gooch, my friend Donna, and I hiked down to the jack on the beach and made our entry. We swam out and swam out and tried to stay on the mark, but it got dark on us...we swam out further than where the jacks start and decided to first swim north hoping to catch onto them, then to swim south if we hadn't caught them.

Well, the darn things were elusive so we gave up and dove the first reef. Gooch and I saw two lobsters walking and I snagged one but the other one eluded him. We decided to drift way south of the pier and exit at the big condo at Dania Beach where I would leave my gear with them and hike back for my CR-V then come and pick them up. Alas, we lost Donna somewhere and couldn't see her lit flag among all of the lights on shore. Donna is not familiar with the beach there, and I had her car key, so we decided to swim back north of the pier to try to catch her.

It was a good hard swim to get north of the pier, and still no Donna...by this time we had a pretty good dive in so we decided to swim to shore on the bottom and see if she was waiting for us, or we would wait for her.

We started noticing lots of lures and fishing tackle and oh, what's this? OMIGOSH a leg of the pier! RUH ROH...swam back North as hard as we could then came in.

Just as we reached the beach, we saw Donna's flag at the end of the pier. We ditched our gear in our cars then I came back to the beach to see if she needed a hand. She said that she believes that someone on the pier hooked her flag or was maybe messing with it.

We all agreed it was a rather weird night of diving, but enjoyable nonetheless. Donna hasn't beach dived with us before and she had a blast. She also caught a slipper lobster, and she gave it to Mike.

I really haven't dived that part of the reef before, I usually swim waaaaaay out to the next reef. The inshore reef isn't all that beautiful, but it sure is fascinating. Some of the sights included a nice nurse shark, a pretty blue octopus, a nice juicy hogfish, and dozens of little tiny round stingrays no bigger around than a tea saucer. Donna found a very friendly small turtle.

So, it was a nice dive, a nice night out with friends, not the best dive conditions and we missed the jacks, but it beat being at work!!!!!!!

!!!!!!! :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom