Beach night dive, South Broward, Wednesday August 29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So sorry I'll miss you...see you in VENICE...

If Me and my dad go what should we bring?

You each need a primary light and a backup light is recommended. You should also have a cyalume for each tank and one for the flag. I also wear a small light on my mask.

Since you two will be each other's buddies, bring your own flag...and remember quarters for the master meter. $1/hour and I feel most comfortable putting in three hours' worth, it's cheaper than a ticket. :)

Has your father done night diving? If not, you two really need to go take an advanced course before you join us.

And Brett, I still think it would be fun for you and your dad to do the Venice gathering! In fact your whole family is welcome...just post over there if you decide to go.

DebbyDiver:
You each need a primary light and a backup light is recommended. You should also have a cyalume for each tank and one for the flag. I also wear a small light on my mask.

Since you two will be each other's buddies, bring your own flag...and remember quarters for the master meter. $1/hour and I feel most comfortable putting in three hours' worth, it's cheaper than a ticket. :)

Has your father done night diving? If not, you two really need to go take an advanced course before you join us.

Debby,

Did you know PADI took night diving out of the requirements for AOW certification?? It's no longer a "given" that an AOW diver is trained for a night dive. I think that sucks... :(

deepstops:
Debby,

Did you know PADI took night diving out of the requirements for AOW certification?? It's no longer a "given" that an AOW diver is trained for a night dive. I think that sucks... :(

No, and that SUCKS...I've been out of the dive bidness for a bunch o' years but there was a REASON I became a NAUI instructor way back when.

Brett, just keep an eye out for the next daytime beach dive around here, there are plenty of them, and you and your dad are more than welcome. And take a class that includes night diving in it...it's worth it!!!

Brett, don't worry, we'll get to dive together a bunch in the future! Just keep an eye out for posted dives. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom