Beach night dive, South Broward, Wednesday August 29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stingray Brett:
The erojaxs would be a great night dive!! do I have to have any advanced training for this?/?
No disrespect but if you have never done a night dive I might suggest against it. Our Hollywood/Dania regulars are pretty experienced but if you feel you are up for it we will not discriminate----but will not baby sit.:wink:

Debby--I know I could start a thread here, but I don't know anything about shore diving, and especially nothing about shore diving here, I just moved to Orlando and have only been to one beach and I really only went there to relax, I didn't even get in the water, just took a liesurely walk. I'd want to dive with someone who understood the area.

I'll get down there to dive with you all sometime, becuase I do have a friend in WPB I want to visit at some point, I just need to stop driving here to accumulate some gas money :)

I have a saltwater license and snook permit. Can I just go to a Walmart to buy the lobster license/permit? If the answer is yes, then do they give me another slip of paper saying I bought it, or do they need my saltware license to "stamp" the lobster thing on? My snook permit came seperately from the saltwater license.

Just curious, really, becuase it's good to know random things like that. Thanks!

JahJah, if you have your salth2o license then you should just be able to purchase the lobster stamp on top of it. It is a separate license but must be "attached" to a current saltwater fishing license.

Get your @$$ down here so we can show you some good shore diving!

I'd bring my @$$ down there but university rules only allow students living on campus to keep fish, and the tank cannot hold more than 10 gallons. :( The @$$ stayed at home.

Brought the truck though. And i know how to get down there, as I went to MIA to fly to a friend's wedding in south america a week ago. Honestly, when I have the gas money, I'm coming down there! the only other consideration is the october Megadive, becuase I'll need some money to camp. :) But I have 200 cubic feet of gas sitting less than 5 feet from me (is anything more than 5 feet from you in a dorm room?) and I want to get wet!!!!

Next question: how long is lobster season? And how long are there good lobsters available? I've never gone lobstering before. I mean, other than in red lobster. And there isn't current there.

GEWTCH...haha...I can't do a regular Weds. night, sorry, but I can do THIS Wednesday...I hope you and Mrs. Gooch will be there!! If the boards go down, call or e-mail me...you have both, right?

Stingray Brett said he would buddy with his dad on Wednesday night. No word back yet as to whether his dad has night diving experience.

JahJah, I recommended that because you asked ME to move my dive. Ain't happening, sorry hon. Save your pennies and come on down here, or post your own dive. Lobsters are in season until March 31, so you have plenty of time to fill that piggy bank to save up to drive down here and fill your goody bag. :)

Yes you can just buy the lobster stamp by itself if you already have the saltwater license.

Aight---nuff said Debby..... Lets do it this week for Wed.... Whether wifey can make it or not (she wont care as long as I have something to show for it). Count me in for Wed night. If the board craps out like usual call my cell. Lets make this happen, I NEED some tails!

OKAY!!! See you at the northern end of Dania Beach Wednesday night at 7:30!!! It's a hike but worth it!

They have a master meter but don't park in the restaurant spots. You can always drop your stuff off at the sand and I'll watch it while you park, in the event that the lot is busy. It usually is NOT busy.

JahJahwarrior:
Sound like a plan?

:shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom