Dacor Omni Pro Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigcat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently purchased a used Dacor Omni Pro air integrated dive computer on ebay. This model is discontinued. I'm looking for the owners manual which is unavailable through the manufacturer. Hard to believe a six year old computer cannot be serviced. Can anyone out there help me or have a suggestion? :scream:

Bigcat I think you should read this email I got from Dacor today. I bought a Omni computer just last week. I too got it used and from ebay. Mine looks to be in good shape except the button on the front has broken off. It still works but its kind of hard to get your finger in far enough to press whats left of the button. Anyway I asked dacor about getting the button replaced and this is what they wrote back. The second part of the email is what you will be interested in:

Hello Jason, The warranty on your new regulator is 2 years Limited Lifetime.From the date of purchase of first owner.And if anything has been done on the regulator that is not to Dacor's spec. then your warranty is Nulled. Answer to your second question is the Omni and Omni Pro computer are no longer being supported by Dacor or any Dive shop .Do to no parts or service can be done.They have been out of production for many years and cause a lot of problems for the divers who use them.I hope you did not buy your gear from the internet.If you have any other questions please drop a line and we will try to help you.

Tom Campbell Supervisor

Not exactly what I would call faith in their product. I'm not sure what I intend to do about this. I'm sure that not every unit is broken or they would have never released them to the public. I guess all I can do is live with the broken button and hope the unit works for as long as I need it too.

Heres an email I got from Tom when I sent him a complaint about the above email.

Hello Jason, Dacor does not have a recall on them.But we do have a upgrade to a Darwin computer.The problems with that computer was chancing the batteries and not having parts for it.Nothing to do with diving problems.If you want to do the upgrade you have to call our main office.You call 1-800-323-0463 ext 3 for a RA# and send your complete unit to us.And then we can upgrade you.If you have any questions please call.

I went ahead and called and heres the deal. If I send them my console, which I am doing at this very minute, and 200 dollars, they will send me a 2004 model Dacor Darwin Air-Intergrated Dive Computer. It's a heck of a lot nicer then what I am useing now and it retails for 650.00 if you can even get it yet. I'll let you know how it works. By the way Tom also said, when we talked on the phone, that for 50 dollars they would exchange the Omni (not the pro) for a different "hockey puck" style computer. I forgot the name of that item but if you didnt want to pay for the other console you can get this one instead.

Back
Top Bottom