Dacor Eagle Sport 1st stage repair manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adr1an

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Apparently the manual for this particular 1st stage made by Dacor after being purchased by Mares is nowhere to be found .
They should be in the 2001 revision of the manual (mentioned here more complete Dacor Regulator Manual) but they are nowhere to be found online (1999 complete version plus the 2002 update pages being here CG-45 - Downloads /downloads/Manuals/DACOR/ ). The 2002 update has the Eagle second stage but not the Eagle Sport 1st stage.

I know most people say the Eagle Sport 1st stage is just a Mares MR12DFC with a slightly different aspect but that's not correct. If anyone has a copy of the 2001 manual or just the Eagle Sport 1st stage pages please share :) Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ill look at my manual tomorrow what year was it produced ?

Thanks a lot, it's an early 2000's reg , it was being offered as a trade after Mares bought Dacor and older Dacor regs were no longer supported. This happened in 2005-2006 mares/dacor trade in program
Since the Dacor Eagle second stage first appears in the 2002 update pages I'd say the Eagle Sport first stage should be in the 2001 service manual. But may also be first published in 2003-2005.

I should have up to 2000 ill check tommorrow

Thanks a lot. If the manual is printed after 1999 and is not the 2002 update then it probably has it.

You are looking for one of these:
D20, swivel connection on primary hose
D16, yoke perpendicular to the body
D12, yoke in line with the body
D2, piston

It is similar with the D12 (yoke inline with body) but definitely different on the inside.

It is similar with the D12 (yoke inline with body) but definitely different on the inside.
Photos? Details?
I am more than a little sure that the four D series I listed were the only "Dacor by Mares" produced, but could be mistaken.
The D20 has its own parts kit, the others share parts kits with that generation of Mares MR12, MR16, etc. MR series have had different configurations over the years, but usually can be upgraded to the current poppet and seat as long as the seat is removable and not machined into the body. I have personally upgraded several Dacor 1st stages to current parts. All within Mares procedures, not a DIY hack.

Generic photo here https://photos.inautia.com/articulo...e-sport-50304010081669546967556753504552x.gif That's the Eagle Sport 1st stage plus the Eagle second stage.

Can take a photo of mine with the plastic cap removed, essentially underneath there's a metal cap with little holes around the base (it has to be removed using a special tool)
Not 100% certain, but I think that is the D2 piston. If so, I am less certain of compatibility with current product than I am of the other three.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom