DA Aquamaster?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes sorry that was a frustrated fingers typo. It is the G260 @

Yes sorry fat frustrated finger typo. It is the G260. I know the MK25 and G260 it’s a big shinny purchase as a new diver with as little experience as me. But with age, weight and cold water surroundings I really want to minimize potential points of failure and that MK25 seems to have withstood the test of time with the divers I do know. So I’m okay with so wanting more in my product despite my inexperience knowing I’ll grow into it as a diver. I’m diving once, if not twice a week.

Level of experience has little to no bearing on what reg a person should or shouldn't buy. You did good, a quality and very high performing reg set.

Yes sorry that was a frustrated fingers typo. It is the G260 @

Yes sorry fat frustrated finger typo. It is the G260. I know the MK25 and G260 it’s a big shinny purchase as a new diver with as little experience as me. But with age, weight and cold water surroundings I really want to minimize potential points of failure and that MK25 seems to have withstood the test of time with the divers I do know. So I’m okay with so wanting more in my product despite my inexperience knowing I’ll grow into it as a diver. I’m diving once, if not twice a week.
Rest assured you did fantastic with the MK25/G260 purchase. If I was forced to buy a new reg set that would be it. I bought a MK20/G200b as my first reg in 1998 and it’s still in service in perfect shape. I’m a total piston fan.
The MK20 is one generation behind the MK25 and uses the same service kit. The G200b is just like a G250 minus the tuning knob. I did not want the tuning knob otherwise I would have bought the G250, which BTW is a generation behind the G260, they are very similar.
So what you did was buy your second (or final) reg set first. It must feel good to know that you picked the top premium regulator set of all time and you’ll never have to worry about it.

MK20/G200b

I had these regulators in my dive center's rental/training fleet in NY, they were awesome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom