D6 and cobra issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeremy_diver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi,

my d6 has sticky buttons and also, the back light is flashing (does not stay on like it should). Are these fixable? Im sure the buttons are but doubt the light problem is without changing the module (I work as a full time instructor so I use it daily).

Also, we have a few cobras (2 of them I think) purchased in November 2007 but haven't been in the water in a year or so. We tried them 3 days ago and it looks like the sensors dont work on them anymore.... Anything you can do? All where purchased at Divers Supply in the Cayman Islands.

Jeremy

Jeremy,

The only fix for the sticky buttons would be to replace them with new ones. The back light issue could be resulting from a couple different problems, and would first need to be diagnosed. Most of the time it is a fixable issue. As for the Cobras, depth sensor malfunctions are covered under warranty for 5 years. Please locate the closest authorized Suunto service center from the link provided Repair - Service Center Locator | Suunto where you can send these units for evaluation / repair. I am pretty sure the Suunto repair center in Tampa, Fl would be closest to your location, but any authorized service center on the locater should be able to take care of you.

Best Regards & Happy New Year,
Chris from Suunto

Back
Top Bottom