Cypress canoe rental question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is anyone up for a dive on June 14, a thursday? Myself and possible 3 other people are diving cypress that day. Hopefully will be there by about 930am. Does cypress stay pretty much clear even when vis at other springs are terrible? Someone in the past told me that was true, just wanting to verify

Unless Holmes Creek gets REALLY high, Cypress stays clear. It pushes out more water than any other spring this far West. June 14 isn't a Thursday.

Unless Holmes Creek gets REALLY high, Cypress stays clear. It pushes out more water than any other spring this far West. June 14 isn't a Thursday.

Well, it does flood at times and it does get high. Not sure how it looks right now...I posted some evidence below.

HalfandHalf-1.jpg

Cypressfloodeddock.jpg

The Vernon one is more accurate, as its on Holmes Creek, which is where Cypress is located. The Caryville guage is on the Choctawhatchee, north of where Holmes Creek feeds into the Choctawhatchee.

I know, problem is I dont think the vernon one changes much. The caryville one always seem to mirror cypress better.

We went canoing with family and friends down Holmes Creek with a stop at Cyprss today. At the park at the bridge on Hwy 79 there is a canoe livery set-up with signs and even a table. The guy drives a white van and is very helpful and friendly. I didn't get a number but he looks well set up. Look for the yellow signs. You may want to to ride down the weekend before you want to go to get his info. Cypress was clear as well was most of the creek. A very good day.

cmufieldhocky, a friend of hers from Tennessee, and I rented from them last April. Unfortunately, cmu handled the transaction and I don't have contact info. Those folks were really nice and very helpful. They even offered to put the canoe in the water for us, but we had my truck. They have half day (4 hour) and full day rentals. I think they are just getting started in the business. Hope they make a go of it. Sorry I don't have any more details, but maybe cmufieldhocky will see this when she arrives at her new home.

Rented from them last April with cmufieldhocky and a friend of hers. They were very nice folks, even volunteered to put the canoe in the water and pick it up for us. We had my truck so didn't need their help. cmu handled all the arrangements so I don't have many details except I remember they had half day (4 hour) as well as full day rentals. We put 3 people and gear for two in one canoe and didn't capsize even once. It was a great dive. Several boats were there but no others with scuba.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom