Cypress canoe rental question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dark Eternal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Last time we put in at the boat ramp we noticed a sign that said canoe rentals right down the road from the launch. Anyone tried them? Have contact info? Ill be there in a few weeks and have previously rented canoes from Vortex but will not have a vehicle capable of transporting one this time.

Never noticed that sign, maybe its new? If you use them, please post your experiences.

I saw it last May. It looks like its something run out of a guys house/barn. My friend saved he number in his phone but since then has switched phones. It was close enough you could walk the canoe over to the boat ramp in a few minutes.

Well, I've defintely been there since May. I guess I just never noticed it?

Ill see what I can find out. I know I am not imagining it!

Speaking of, anyone want to do a Cypress/Morrison trip somtime between the 14th and 20th

Found this in Google. Not sure if this is the correct one, but give them a call and see. If it's not the correct one, maybe he knows.

source: http://www.dep.state.fl.us/gwt/guide/pdf/liveries_updated.pdf

Cypress Springs
Cypress Springs Canoe Trails, Inc.
P.O. Box 726
Vernon, FL 32462
(850) 535-2960
Harold & Linda Vickers

Another quick search found this.

Harold Vickers
2599 Highway 79 C C
Vernon, FL 32462
(850) 535-2994

They are located VERY CLOSE to Cypress according to Google Maps (you have to substitute SR (for State Road) for Highway in Florida to look up a road on state highways, FYI).
2599 SR 79 , Vernon, FL 32462 - Google Maps

Anwway, this may or may not be it... but it's a start and maybe he knows more info if it isn't him.

Hope it helps.

Mike

Yes, I know who you are talking about. There is a trailer about half way down Culpepper lane, on the right hand side of the road, that has canoes on some trailers in the yard. I never looked for a phone number, but like everyone else said, it would be interesting to know what you find out.

Last time we put in at the boat ramp we noticed a sign that said canoe rentals right down the road from the launch. Anyone tried them? Have contact info? Ill be there in a few weeks and have previously rented canoes from Vortex but will not have a vehicle capable of transporting one this time.

Yes, I know who you are talking about. There is a trailer about half way down Culpepper lane, on the right hand side of the road, that has canoes on some trailers in the yard. I never looked for a phone number, but like everyone else said, it would be interesting to know what you find out.
Thats it, there was a sign with a number on it in front. Not a big sign but it was there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom