Cypress canoe rental question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe Harold Vickers is the guy that used to own the land around Cypress, he now owns the land adjascent to Becton(Magnolia) Springs. He'd probably let you launch there, it'd add another mile to the trip to Cypress, but its all easy paddling and you get to launch at yet another spring.

Talk about two extremes...Becton and Cypress are on the opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to springs. Becton is worth the paddle...but, go there first....it makes Cypress all the more enjoyable.:D

Just went and found some of my Becton pictures:

BectonAboveWater2.jpg

BectonAboveWater.jpg

Becton2.jpg

Becton3.jpg

I also want to check out Becton if river levels allow, the extra mile is no big deal at all.

You are correct. There is no cavern, just a few cracks you can stick your head and shoulders in. There are a few vents with flow coming out. The pictures I posted were on a day where it is about as clear as it is going to get. On a good day it has the milky/cloudy look. Not much to see...but a fun dive and worth the trip if you are doing Cypress anyways.

You can do Cypress first, then drain the rest of the gas out of your tanks at Becton.

Id probably just do maybe 20-30 min at Becton to see it. There is no cavern/cave there correct?

I always went to Cypress first, and spent the rest of one of the already used tanks at Becton(usually for no more than 20 minutes or so). If you goto Cypress first, Becton will bring you back to reality - LOL!

Don't expect any overheads, but there's still usually alot of life kicking up the silty basin there!

heh doubt ill be draining my 108s between the two. Allthough last trip I did drain two full al80s at Cypress - it did take over 3 hours though.

Oh yeah, I forgot you got them nice new doubled 108's (or "silos" as Bugman likes to call mine) I saw you picking up at Eds. No, I don't think you will be draining them at Cypress...I dove my single 108 at Cypress last time for almost 90 minutes, and still had almost a half tank left when we were done.

heh doubt ill be draining my 108s between the two. Allthough last trip I did drain two full al80s at Cypress - it did take over 3 hours though.

Ill see what I can find out. I know I am not imagining it!

Speaking of, anyone want to do a Cypress/Morrison trip somtime between the 14th and 20th

I may be able to be convinced :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom