current water temp channel islands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back from the trip on the Vision with Truth Aquatics... Did 5 islands in 5 days... Clemente, Catalina, Santa Barbara, Anacapa and Santa Cruz... Water temp ranged from low to high 60s... Although not needed underwater, I was glad I brought my drysuit during the surface intervals...The Vision crew was fantastic and Graham is a great captain... Saw the famed kelp forests and on one site was surrounded by what must have been 20 juvenile sea lions! That and Farnsworth was probably my favourite dives. I will most definitely return...

---------- Post added November 15th, 2014 at 02:03 PM ----------

Also the seas were VERY calm... And the visibility was amazing!

Farnsworth is certainly an incredible dive... my favorite Channel Islands dive (so far)!

@Sam, Yes I know Scuba 2000. It is where I got re-certified after many years away from the sport! Alex has alway been helpful and the on-site pool is very nice!

Just got back from the trip on the Vision with Truth Aquatics... Did 5 islands in 5 days... Clemente, Catalina, Santa Barbara, Anacapa and Santa Cruz... Water temp ranged from low to high 60s... Although not needed underwater, I was glad I brought my drysuit during the surface intervals...The Vision crew was fantastic and Graham is a great captain... Saw the famed kelp forests and on one site was surrounded by what must have been 20 juvenile sea lions! That and Farnsworth was probably my favourite dives. I will most definitely return...

---------- Post added November 15th, 2014 at 02:03 PM ----------

Also the seas were VERY calm... And the visibility was amazing!

I was on this trip and while I dove dry I wore sweats beneath, the 450 polartec undergarment was too hot :cool2:

Just as an example of how variable water temperature can be... I was routinely getting readings of 70 F in our local dive park. Then a cool spell hit and a wind storm blew up and mixed the water column. The temperature dropped about four (4) degrees along the same profile in just a few days.

Sam... how can you read that tiny font? I had to put a magnifying glass up to my monitor!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom