Current Visibility Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

webbah:
Anyone have a current report? I'd imagine with the weather we've been having - that the viz might be much improved?

Had about 12 feet at Redondo this morning.

Thanks for the report. Probably not much better anywhere else.

Florence oregon north jetty night dive jan. 13, 2007

air 38F
water 48F
viz 18 inches to 30 inches at depth

it was a good dive

I went diving at Keystone Jetty on Whidbey Island yesterday morning, about 10:30 to 11:00 AM. I'm pretty bad at estimating visibility, but I would say you could see about fifteen feet.

Viz in Nanaimo varied from 20 to 40 - 50 feet this weekend. None of the hundred foot viz they're famous for, but we had fun anyway.

Yes, the Cape Breton and the Saskatchewan. I liked the latter better, although the penetration guys liked the Cape Breton because it was bigger. They're big wrecks, and I could see going back and spending a lot more time covering a lot less territory. But to do them really, really properly, I'd need helium.

Cool. Glad you finally got to see them! I've been on the Saskatchewan but the Breton got canceled out as a wreck diving class got cancelled so we stayed on the mooring.
I dove it on air 3 times but next time Nitrox and eventually other mixed gasses. Which charter co. boat did you go with? I went with Ocean Explorers-Ian Hall's outfit on the Christie Bay.
I've been told the Breton is pretty cool. I loved the Saskatchewan and will dive her
again this summer and maybe the Breton too. Hopefully I'll be comfortable with my new doubles by then. This lovely winter weather has slowed down my drill and practice a bit.

Two of my friends dove them the week before you and reported 70+ft. I'd be delighted with 40ft. right now :)

We went with Diver's Choice, and I simply can't say enough good things about them. If I go up there again, there's no question in my mind that I would go out with them again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom