Curacao wildlife report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all,

It's funny; I had not seen a single Tiger Grouper (Mycteroperca tigris) diving around Curacao since April last year, but in the past 10 days I found 3 - a juvenile at Watamula, and adults at Mushroom Forest and Playa Jeremy. It is good to see them back, I started to be under the impression they were almost extinct in our waters. Or is it just that I was too blind, and you other divers saw them all the time?

Greetings from Curacao
Andreas

Yesterday on a snorkel trip to the Blue Room we found a nice size (3-4ft) Jewfish inside the cavern :) + the usual lobsters and a small batwing crab

Hey divers,

We dove with a beautiful Manta Ray (2m wing-span) at Watamula this afternoon!
It's the first time I met a Manta underwater on Curacao :D

Greetings from Westpunt
Andreas

Sweet....Miss my island.....

Hey divers,

Greetings from Westpunt
Andreas

Had to be a beauty overload! Thanks for sharing.........

Hey divers,

Greetings from Westpunt
Andreas

You mean I actually saw something before you did in Curacao! I didn't think that was possible! Hopefully yours didn't have a coke bottle trailing it....:depressed:

Will be in Curacao in 10 days and can not wait. This is the 3rd visit and counting. Love this place and the diving....well I hope to see some great wildlife too

Back
Top Bottom