Curacao wildlife report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rodeo at Rediho

Attachments

• 223Rediho.jpg
    223Rediho.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 108
Korsu, my friend, we returned to Rediho today, and in addition to the seahorses found a baby nurse shark - small enough for your macro lense :)

What a night dive at Playa Kalki, tonight! We saw a Decorator Crab, a juvenile Spiny Lobster (body length ca. 3-4cm), a juvenile Octopus (head size like my thumbnail), plus many of the more usual suspects! Only missed Korsu and his camera monster for proper documentation...

Well I am sad to say the camera and housing are all packed and ready for shipment back to the States. As Andreas knows my wife and I are headed back to the USA after three wonderful years on Curacao. What a privilege it was to get to know and work with everybody at Ocean Encounters West. I can't thank Bryan enough for letting me tag along with his crew. Andreas, Tony, Steve, Sean, David, Julie thanks for keeping me safe and for promising to my wife that no matter what, you would always find the camera.
After over 700 dives on Curacao, I can easily recommend OEW to everybody here on SB. You won't find a better, more professional, friendly dive operation, anywhere. (It also now has much more class as Bryan will be driving an awesome truck.)

Attachments

• 182 Porto Marie 88 - Version 2.jpg
    182 Porto Marie 88 - Version 2.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 102
This morning I ran into a Manta Ray (wingspan maybe 10ft) at Alice in Wonderland with my Open Water Diver students - that was great (and may spoil the students :))!!!

Greetings from Curacao
Andreas

So many dives around Curacao, and I still get to see new stuff: today it was a juvenile Marbled Grouper :b)

Greetings from Curacao
Andreas

We had guests in for dinner tonight. They were in Punda (dry) and checking out the fishing boats and fresh produce from Venezuela. They saw a number of small reef sharks at the surface feeding on the fish scraps. Gustele and Kukuisa, do you see sharks when you dive the wreck in the harbor?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom