Curacao Suggestions/Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are a couple things we're looking for. First we want to be able to walk from our lodging to the beach for shore dives.

Second, we want to be able to walk to eat. A restaurant on the premises would be desirable.

We're looking at 5 days of 2 tank morning dives plus unlimited shore diving to fill in other times.

See post #3, Lodge Kura Hulanda and OEW meet all your requirments. OEW is a very good opeator. House reef, Alice in Wonderland, is fantastic in both directions. We had a great time and would love to return someday

There are alot of possibilities but the Cabana beach or Lions Diveare on a beach with possibilities. One Beach 4 different restaurants. By walk (5min) One of the best local fish restaurants.

And We have a pick-up service for the 2-tank dives in the morning. And unlimited shore is no problem.

My advise is to dive from east to west because of the variety of the reef. We have a description of almost all the dive sites.

You want more information just contact us.

A lot depends on what sort of place you are looking for and maybe your budget. Kura Hulanda Lodge (which would be my first choice) and the Lion's dive area are very different. KH is pretty remote and you can't walk to much of anything. The restaurant there is pretty good but if your idea is to not have a car KH may not be the best choice if you don't want to be "trapped", though the shore diving on site is great. The Marriott beach resort is another good choice with shore diving and lots of food choices on site or a short walk.

I think Curaçao is a good place to have a car no matter where you stay. Lots of good restaurants and places to explore all over, as well as shore diving if you're of the gear lugging persuasion (which I'm not.)

A lot depends on what sort of place you are looking for and maybe your budget. Kura Hulanda Lodge (which would be my first choice) and the Lion's dive area are very different. KH is pretty remote and you can't walk to much of anything. The restaurant there is pretty good but if your idea is to not have a car KH may not be the best choice if you don't want to be "trapped", though the shore diving on site is great. The Marriott beach resort is another good choice with shore diving and lots of food choices on site or a short walk.

I think Curaçao is a good place to have a car no matter where you stay. Lots of good restaurants and places to explore all over, as well as shore diving if you're of the gear lugging persuasion (which I'm not.)

Agree entirely, we had a car, really appreciated the flexibility for travel to and from airport, shopping, restaurants...

I'm checking out the trip advisor site. I'm looking for a good dive package. The only thing I've found so far is Ocean Encounters West...they are hooked up with All West Apartments.

Has anyone found any other dive packages in Curacao?
Trip Advisor isn't exactly dive focused. Caradonna or one of the other dive travel agencies is probably a better bet. http://www.caradonna.com/Scuba-Diving-Vacations/Curacao.aspx

A couple of options not mentioned yet:

Habitat Curacao - full AI - sort of remote - you'd want a car. It's about a 25min. drive to Willemsted. Not a lot of restaurants nearby.
Breezes - full AI just east of town. Lions Dive mentioned above is nearby. Both have on site Ocean Encounters facilities. Both are near the Seaquarium facility so there's other things to do nearby. And it's probably a 5min drive to downtown from there. Another option for shoredivng is the DiveBus - they're in the same vicinity.

Lodge Kura Hulanda has the main OEWest facility. IIRC the OEWest facility at AllWest is a smaller satellite of that one.

I don't know what bundled dive packages they offer but the Marriott in Piscadera Bay is very nice. Caribbean Sea Sports is onsite. The Hilton next door also has an OE facility onsite. The Hilton itself is older - and their shoredive isn't as good.

Buddy Dive is on Bonaire. Poster likely didn't read the title.

IIRC at one time the Habitat's - Capt' Don's on Bonaire and Habitat Curacao - were affiliated but IDK if they still are.

Thanks for all the posts! Lodge Kura Hulanda is definitely up there. We will not be going for other activities so don't care about the Seaquarium, etc. Lions Dive might be good on the east side, though. I wasn't able to find the Marriott but will look again. All West Apartments has good reviews and unlimited good shore diving, but no food services on site.

Decisions, decisions, decisions!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom