CSSP Sunday 8/19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo:
You must have left before we arrived today? We did hook up with Des for a SI, but as for diving, it was me and the FooMan. Wow, vis sucked today. But, saw tons of hatchlings up in the grassy areas. Stayed between 20-30 ft today, it was air conditioned there!

Yea .... maybe so Foo... I got there Saturday morning and plugged in the RV on the East side and we fininshed our last dive at 4:06 pm in the afternoon Sunday and then packed up and drank beers for the next 2 hours.
We were in the water most of the time and below 35 feet so maybe that explains why we didn't see you :D

tx.lakerats:
As for ScubaTexan... dude DO YOU EVER dive??? I don't think I've seen you in at LEAST a year or two!!

I would have a really hard time proving it this year. I haven't been in nearly a year. It's been one thing after another... :crying2:

Hopefully you can get wet this year!!

Got a chance to chat with Timeliner and TXHockeyGuy Saturday. I was busy with a OW class, but always have a moment to burn some surface air with Swampers. The viz was affected in some areas by a massive treasure hunt. Apparently some thought it was buried treasure....:D. I will be at CSSP this coming weekend starting Friday and continuing through Sunday. Look for the Surface Interval sign and my pretty white undercover trailer. Me and DivaDuck will be camping and may even bring a guitar to torture the dogs with. We're doing a Specialty weekend. Night, Fish ID, Underwater Nav and PPB. The new owners of Surface Interval will be coming out Friday or Saturday or both. Not quite sure yet. Good times! We are cooking out.

Just look for the big :dork2: with the beanie!

Hey, Cruiser
Yup, that was me! I must have been underwater at the moment (I do that a lot out there..hehe), but I hope to meet up with you there sometime.
Yup, the water definitely got plowed. The OW classes were thick as thieves, and the bottom saw a lot of action.
Indeed, those "chunks" were a pain. I was videoing an advanced class while they mapped out the cabin cruiser, and it was a little hard to get a clear shot at times. Still, I had a blast.
Hope to see ya soon!

I had hoped to get to meet some of y'all on Sunday, but when TexHockeyGuy and I came by after helping with ScubaToys Rescue Class, you must have all been underwater. I will try again.
Tom

Arrrrgh, Timeliner, we should have driven over to the other side! I said it like 3-4 times but FooMan was lazy. :wink: He kept thinking you would be over where we were if you were still there. Sorry we missed yall. And TxHockeyGuy & Diving Guy, we were there until late, you probably did come by while we were submerged. When we first arrived, we went to the rescue area, but everyone was diving at the time.

I've been too busy (and tired) to post about our weekend. Had to start back to work this week....:shakehead:

We had a LOT of fun, and some very, very good dives! TxHockeyGuy, Illini Fan, Timeliner, John Chapman, Kory, Jeff..... I think that's everyone!

The group dives were a lot of fun, I had so much fun diving with everyone!

TxHockeyGuy: Thank you for the brats and fajitas, they were delicious! By the way, Sunday morning, we found the coffin! The secret is to set your compass to find the boat, then somehow you will end up at the coffin!:D

Saturday night Timeliner took us on the coolest night dive! It was my first night dive, and one I will never forget. We set out to find the silos, swam along the wall, and saw lots of crazy fish! Then, we lost Frank shortly after we found the white pipe, and got a teensy bit disoriented. We found Frank again on the surface, and we all went back down to look at more crazy fish. It was a very surreal experience. Very peaceful, and so much fun!

Frank says in the middle of winter you can see the silos from 40 feet away. Since I didn't get to see the silos this time, this sounds like a future night dive to me.:14:

YellowfinKunkfish:
I've been too busy (and tired) to post about our weekend. Had to start back to work this week....:shakehead:

We had a LOT of fun, and some very, very good dives! TxHockeyGuy, Illini Fan, Timeliner, John Chapman, Kory, Jeff..... I think that's everyone!

The group dives were a lot of fun, I had so much fun diving with everyone!

TxHockeyGuy: Thank you for the brats and fajitas, they were delicious! By the way, Sunday morning, we found the coffin! The secret is to set your compass to find the boat, then somehow you will end up at the coffin!:D

Saturday night Timeliner took us on the coolest night dive! It was my first night dive, and one I will never forget. We set out to find the silos, swam along the wall, and saw lots of crazy fish! Then, we lost Frank shortly after we found the white pipe, and got a teensy bit disoriented. We found Frank again on the surface, and we all went back down to look at more crazy fish. It was a very surreal experience. Very peaceful, and so much fun!

Frank says in the middle of winter you can see the silos from 40 feet away. Since I didn't get to see the silos this time, this sounds like a future night dive to me.:14:

Wow, setting a compass heading towards the boat and finding the coffin, now that's some "interesting" navigation :wink: . I actually was on a dive with Frank on Sunday and he took us by the coffin. I actually signaled to everyone to hold while I pop up top as I wanted to get some bearings so I can find the darned thing again. For those not aware the coffin has become somewhat of an arch nemesis for me. It's the only thing in that lake that I consistently look for and cannot find. I have seen it before but someone literally tied off their SMB to it for me so I could find it. So, as of yesterday at about 5:00 PM if you head due south from the entrance near the plane you will run into the coffin, the top of it is 37 ft down. If you enter from over near the beast bench it is on a heading of 60. It was no where near where I remembered it which certainly wasn't helping me find it again.

All in all the weekend was great and I really enjoyed diving with everyone, we'll have to do it again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom