CSSP Labor Day weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be there early with my friend Larry from Houston. I met you out there a couple weeks ago, spotted you in your official tee shirt attire and came over to introduce myself.
Wow, amazing how this outing has grown. I mentioned to Dee that Larry and I were going out there, she and Beast decided to come and she posted on here, next thing you know we have a party. Really excited to have the chance to meet everyone and become an official Texas Swamp Diver.

kevreid:
I will be there early with my friend Larry from Houston. I met you out there a couple weeks ago, spotted you in your official tee shirt attire and came over to introduce myself.
Wow, amazing how this outing has grown. I mentioned to Dee that Larry and I were going out there, she and Beast decided to come and she posted on here, next thing you know we have a party. Really excited to have the chance to meet everyone and become an official Texas Swamp Diver.

I remember ya, how was the rescue class? You guys probably had the best vis in the whole park, since the plane sits on the rocks, and the students can't silt that area up too bad. I can tell you, though, they sure made a mess out of the vis in the rest park....lol.
I'll be looking for you guys, I'll be pretty close to where I was the other day.

Firefyter:
Who else besides myself is going to show up early?
Well since CSSP is only about 25-30 min from the house for me, I'll be there early. I'll leave the house around 6:30, so I should be in place by 7:15 or so. I should beat the classes anyway.

Last week when Narced Out and I returned to the picnic table after our first dive, we found we had been pushed off our spot by a class. Didn't really mind, after all it was raining, but still seemed a little rude.

I'll be driving a red 2-door Tahoe with a 6 foot cb antenna on the roof, shouldn't be hard to spot..

TruckDiver:
Well since CSSP is only about 25-30 min from the house for me, I'll be there early. I'll leave the house around 6:30, so I should be in place by 7:15 or so. I should beat the classes anyway.

Last week when Narced Out and I returned to the picnic table after our first dive, we found we had been pushed off our spot by a class. Didn't really mind, after all it was raining, but still seemed a little rude.

I'll be driving a red 2-door Tahoe with a 6 foot cb antenna on the roof, shouldn't be hard to spot..

I'm over an hour away, but I'll be there by 8:00. I'll bring chairs and a couple of tarps, and we'll stake the table out and dare 'em to try and take it....lol

Firefyter:
I'm over an hour away, but I'll be there by 8:00. I'll bring chairs and a couple of tarps, and we'll stake the table out and dare 'em to try and take it....lol
10-4 see ya then!

One thought did occur to me, anyone bringing a grill? I can't remember seeing one close to where we'll all be. Of course, I haven't really ever looked for one either. If needed I have a small one that I could bring. I'll be bringing a canopy and a couple of chairs also.

TruckDiver:
10-4 see ya then!

One thought did occur to me, anyone bringing a grill? I can't remember seeing one close to where we'll all be. Of course, I haven't really ever looked for one either. If needed I have a small one that I could bring. I'll be bringing a canopy and a couple of chairs also.

Yep, there's a grill right there close to the bench. It's the one Texass used to make his now famous 3 coal hot dogs. Things like that kinda stick in your mind :D

Should I bring paper plates as well, or is someone else handling them?

kevreid:
Technically you already are a Swamp Diver, kev. You dove with me in the rescue class, and I've dove with swampers before, so by law you qualify.

I remember ya, how was the rescue class? You guys probably had the best vis in the whole park, since the plane sits on the rocks, and the students can't silt that area up too bad.
I was going to mention the rescue area as a great place to dive from.

First of all, no classes go over there except Rescue, and there isn't a rescue class every weekend. So it's easy to get a spot over there.
Second, no classes go over there except Rescue so the Vis is usually better.
Third, they have the best dock.
Fourth, all the best diving is in that end of the lake. Like the wall dive, the plane, the turtle nests, etc...

Just thought I'd toss that out there as an option, although I'm sure Dee and Beast may be a bit partial to diving by their bench. :wink:

Detonate:
Just thought I'd toss that out there as an option, although I'm sure Dee and Beast may be a bit partial to diving by their bench. :wink:

Not particulary, that's just the only area we know! I do want to see the plane this trip.

ScubaTexan:
Should I bring paper plates as well, or is someone else handling them?

I think Kenny's bringing them...

kman458:
it is going to 2 of us there. the wife needs her underwater navigator and deep dive this weekend. how about we bring baked beans, banana pudding, paper plates, knives, forks, and spoons.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom