CSSP - Jan 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo:
Soooo... any reports on the Polar Bear Dive?

YES! It was cool! errr, I mean COLD! LOL :D

Richard

There were maybe around 25 divers. The water temp was 52f. There were no dive incidents (that I heard anyway). The person that got the long distance award drove from MIDLAND :11: . Shortest dive was 24 minutes. Longest dive was 109 minutes (by yours truly). Uhhhm, someone walked away with the coveted Bravest Diver award by diving with *nothing* but a BC/tank, fins, and mask :11: :11: (I swear!!).

It was a good time but a long drive for me. :D

Richard

PacketSniffer:
There were maybe around 25 divers. The water temp was 52f. There were no dive incidents (that I heard anyway). The person that got the long distance award drove from MIDLAND :11: . Shortest dive was 24 minutes. Longest dive was 109 minutes (by yours truly). Uhhhm, someone walked away with the coveted Bravest Diver award by diving with *nothing* but a BC/tank, fins, and mask :11: :11: (I swear!!).

It was a good time but a long drive for me. :D

Richard

yeah...It was a fun time. That guy that dove in the jean shorts was still shaking when we left. I think he did a little over an hour with just shorts. That is out of control. I had on my 3mm shorty, 3 mm full, 5mm gloves / hood....and still got pretty cold in the beginning. Both my computers read 50 degrees. My first dive I was in the water for 54 minutes. A couple of us did another short dive down on the other end before leaving....man did the wind pick up. Anyway, I had fun...I will be back out there next year.
Me, TxHockeyGuy, and Jeff on the other end, today.

Kenny

Well when you live out in Midland you have to drive that far to dive. I didn't get as cold as I thought I would, 3mm with a 5mm vest w/hood don't know what the gloves where but they are the only thing that got cold. Got me a cute little polar with roses for my little trek out there. well any way till next time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom