CSSP - Jan 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I'll try to make it, depending on my flight schedule the next day (Jan. 2). I may be flying as early as noon on Monday. Last year I helped in a warming hut at CSSP on New Year's Day, providing hot chocolate and coffee. This year I'd like to dive it myself. FWIW, I'll be wearing a 6mm Farmer John, which worked fine for me at 55 deg.

And it'll be Irish afterward to ward off the cold and the snakes...The Irish don't notice the cold, and haven't noticed snakes since they invented whisky.

I'm looking at trying to go to this. Anyone need a dive buddy and willing to put up with a new diver? I did contact CSSP and they are allowing dives after 10:30, their site would lead you to believe they are not.

I'll be there. ...a great way to start the new year.

Richard

Has anyone here done the Comel River? I hear it stays around 71 degrees, which would be very nice since I only have a 3mm wetsuit. Any thoughts about the comel river? I just want to get out and dive.

Makushr1:
Has anyone here done the Comel River? I hear it stays around 71 degrees, which would be very nice since I only have a 3mm wetsuit. Any thoughts about the comel river? I just want to get out and dive.

The CHUM club is possibly heading over to the Comal River on Jan 7/8.

I'm going to Lost Lake (South Houston) tomorrow. You are more than welcome to join me.

Richard

Makushr1:
The Comal river is perfect for this time of year, especially if you have a nice sunny day to dive. 3mm may get a little cool, but it won't be unbearable. We wore 3mm and a 2mm shortie over and never got cool at all. Everyone's different, also. I wore a hood and gloves also, I like to stay warm! Do the river and have fun. There are tons of fish in there.

Foo

I am seriously contemplating doing this one, too. I am having withdrawals and have not been in the water in over a month. Has anyone dove CSSP within the last week that could give us an accurate temperature?? I only have a good 5 mil suit, but think I could bear the cold for one dive. Please let me know!!

Does anyone know if the $40 includes tanks/air? I managed to wait long enough to get mine hydrostated that I won't get them back in time for Sunday.

hyperbaric_1:
Does anyone know if the $40 includes tanks/air? I managed to wait long enough to get mine hydrostated that I won't get them back in time for Sunday.
I believe the only thing the extra $ gets you is a T-shirt.
I've been kicking the idea around, but still haven't convinced myself.:D

Ladies and Gents,
Let me throw my hat in to the ring as a maybe. I know that's extremely non-committal and I won't fault anyone for chastising me for being wishy-washy on this. I had not planned on diving CSSP for Jan 1. However, after reading all of the puffery and excitement about this dive, I got excited. Then I saw the $40 fee. Maybe I am not so excited anymore.

In any event, despite the $40, I still need to go to this event because I need to meet some of you in person. Hmmmmm, what to do? Pay the $40 or not? Decisions; decisions. Let me think on this one and remain non-committal at this moment. I thank all of you for understanding. And for those of you who wish to hassle me about being indecisive, I understand that too.

JR

Back
Top Bottom