CSSP - Jan 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richerso:
Decisions; decisions. Let me think on this one and remain non-committal at this moment. I thank all of you for understanding. And for those of you who wish to hassle me about being indecisive, I understand that too.

JR

Hey JR! I'm just glad that there's someone else here that's worse than me... so don't be offended if someone calls you "Foo" or says "you're pulling a Foo". It could be worse- you could be called "doo". Don't let 'em fool you anyway, to know me is to love me. :wink:

hyperbaric_1:
I suspected as much.

It is entry....tshirt...and breakfast...and then the awards for special events..from what I understand.

I am still planning on being there bright and early..:D

Kenny

Wayne, here is the CSSP official website: http://www.clearspringsscubapark.com/ Maybe the info you need is there, but if not, you could call them to find out if everyone has to pay the extra $15 or not. Please post your findings here, as there may be others wondering. Me? I'm wondering if yall are all nuts or not... :wink:

Good suggestion, Foo; I asked if (a) the $40. is mandatory even for those who don't need breakfast and/or a t-shirt; and (b) if one could dive before the 10:30am Polar Bear start time. Here are the answers, via email:

"Since we are open you may dive without being part of the Polar Bear Dive. We will put you in a different area. We should be able to allow you in by 9:00 am."
Debbie

Sorry, I am going to PK. I can't stomach paying $40 to dive CSSP with a huge crowd. Scuba Point is only $20, and less crowd.

I mean it's not that much of a Polar Bear dive, the water is still liquid for cryin' out loud. I am going ice diving next month, so this is just practice and gear checkout.

BTW, For those looking for water temps, look at the fishing report at the Texas Parks and Wild Life web site. They give surface water temps an clarity reports weekly. PK is running 47 degreees.

Randy

sdp:
Sorry, I am going to PK. I can't stomach paying $40 to dive CSSP with a huge crowd. Scuba Point is only $20, and less crowd.

If we don't support these locations, they just might disappear. We have scuba shops closing their doors down here in Houston. I realize there are several reasons for their closure but without customers, you can't keep the doors open. ...something to think about.

I looked on the Texas Park and Wildlife site and found where the lakes are listed. However, I didn't find the clarity and temp numbers. Could you post a link?

Thanks,

Richard

sdp:
Sorry, I am going to PK. I can't stomach paying $40 to dive CSSP, Scuba Point is only $20,
Randy

I am with Randy, $40 vs. $20 you do the math...diving is diving!

Head count.....where ar you going Possum Kindom, CSSP, or other locating Jan 1?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom