CSSP - Jan 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ten9T6

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How many Swampers are planning on being out there for the Polar Bear dives? I have been wanting to do this for a couple of years now. Looks like I will finally get to. :D

Kenny

I am seriously contemplating it. If my schedule will allow; I'll do it. Although, I am more likely to be there on Dec. 30 (Friday) than I am Jan 1. Sorry.

I don't know,,,,may go to PK with a dive buddy for this annual fare of diving January 1st.

Ten9T6:
How many Swampers are planning on being out there for the Polar Bear dives? I have been wanting to do this for a couple of years now. Looks like I will finally get to. :D

Kenny

Sounds like one hell of a part............if all goes as planned i'll be there!!!!

Water Temps: Have been running between 48F and 55F as of late. I know that's kind of a wide range when deciding on exposure suits; but that's been reality. I heard reports in the last week that CSSP was 55F (tonight is Monday, Dec. 12). I was at PK on Saturday (Dec 10). Water temp was 55F. I was at Lake Murray, Oklahoma on Dec 11. Water temp was 48-49F (depends on dive computer).

From listening to the experienced divers in the area, I understand that one can very reliably expect 48-52F water temps in December and January. Go figure. Hope this helps.

If you got it... Wear It !!!. It will be a bit cold for sure. I bet about 48- 52F this year.

A 6mil semi dry works really good. A 7mil long john works better.
A Submarine works the best :14:

Temps should be the same top to bottom so just figure its a little colder then the silos usually are during the Summer months.

Bring the Jack Daniels for afterwards after all it is New Years Day :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom