CSSP - Jan 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be at CSSP. If I had been aware of the PK Jan 1 dive I think I might have shown up there but I've already committed myself with my dive buddy for CSSP.

Richerso and I were out there today ( Sat 31st ) and did a couple of dives near the Shark and then down to near the Silos. TexDiveGuy even showed up !
The water was only 50 degrees and the fish and turtles were in force so don't worry about it being too cold on New Years Day. Ya'll have fun !!

Richard,

You do have a good point. There are many shops in the DFW area that have closed as well.

However, I do feel that I am supporting a local diving location. That is why I am going to PK and paying $20. If I take my boat I can dive pretty much anywhere on the lake for free. (I just don't want the hassle of a boat this time).

There are several local Scuba Parks/locations that on can take business to (PK, CSSP, Athens Scuba Park, Lake Whitney, Windy Point) So this is my way of protesting against CSSP's high prices and marginal service. I am out at CSSP a lot throughout the year either diving or teaching classes, so I do support CSSP. I would love to take my wife and kids out, but to pay a bunch of money to sit around on the hot shoreline and not be able to get into the water, doesn't seem like good value. (no swimming, I am sure this is somewhat related to an insurance policy somewhere) Unfortunately the conditions at PK are not as consistent as CSSP and sometimes you get really crappy diving, but when conditions are good, it is a much better value and much less restrictive for a family with multiple activities.

Here is the link to the Fishing Reports.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fish/recreational/fishreport.phtml

Just click on one of the regions on the map and it will give the lakes for that area and the weekly fishing report.

Thanks,
Randy

Froglady,

I Plan on being out at Scuba Point at PK around 12:30. I am looking for a buddy, so if you make the trip I will be looking for you.

Randy

Neither for me this year,,,,,visited a few dive buds today at CSSP,,,,tomm. me and my sons are going to explore the dried up lake bed out at Lake Arlington in the afternoon,,,,with these stiches in the neck, Dr. will not let me dive yet.

Hi Randy
Be glad to dive with you. I'll be out there earlied so if any one need a buddy in the morning let me know.

Alan
keep those stiches dry, the lakes will be there all year. but the way the water levels are dropping they might be dried up.

Froglady:
Alan
keep those stiches dry, the lakes will be there all year. but the way the water levels are dropping they might be dried up.

LOL....will do....and have fun,,,tell Randy HEY for me!!!! Happy New Year!

See all those going to CSSP around 9:00am. I am looking for a dive buddy to help me place a new Terracache. :D ....Someone that can keep a secret. :wink:

Oh...and in 16 min.....HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone. :D

Kenny

Soooo... any reports on the Polar Bear Dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom