Critique my trim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, never ever would have I thought I move so much when frog kicking.

If I were to critique that video, I'd say your valve looks like it could move a little more forward, though it could be the angle because your tank butt is a little high for my liking. Your tank also wobbles alot when you kick, so don't know if you need a stronger bungee or it's your rear attachment has too much slack.
As a whole your trim looks good, and you look better than a very large population of sm divers.
I would "grade" everything as pretty darn good, with some room for improvement as mentioned above. I always want my tanks perfect so it takes a long time to get the last little bits down.

Anyone else using steels and the square D rings or are You using sliding D rings instead ?

Is 8 mm bungee enough to pull the cylinder close to the body even when using sliding D rings ?
I am waiting for my sliding D rings to arrive to test... so no experience.

With heavier steels I clip to the drob D rings as well. Nothing wrong with that. 8mm bungee works well, but I have recently began using 10mm and I am liking it.

Looks really good to me also, I concur that your bungee is probably just a bit too loose. I would make it shorter by 2-3 Cm. The valve looks too low on you.

Looks really good to me also, I concur that your bungee is probably just a bit too loose. I would make it shorter by 2-3 Cm. The valve looks too low on you.
I'll shorten the bungee a little and try it out this weekend. Thanks everyone!

That's the low profile D rings I use.
A6CF0A29-2E6D-46B9-9A21-1EEAD7754684.jpeg
l line up bottom snap with post. I measure from armpit to bottom D then use that measurement from post to bottom clip.
89653782-9AA2-4C0B-BEA0-5EC580AC5F02.jpeg
CB509498-0803-4D90-903F-D0E0C5444969.jpeg
Leash on bottom clip as short as possible.

Hello,

I would move the tanks up a little bit, shorten the bungees so that the valves turn more (your upper bungee loop seems to be caught by a loop or something), the tanks a little bit high at the butt for my taste. Not trim related comments: put your SPG back in place after checking, shorten the attachment of your longhouse reg. The video was too short to judge for certain, but you seem to swing along your body when you kick (head/upper body down, kick, head/upper body up, glide). Try looking forward when kicking. This was a modified frog kick.

Im sum, looks really nice already, just the last few percent to perfection.

cheers Jens

Hello,

I would move the tanks up a little bit, shorten the bungees so that the valves turn more (your upper bungee loop seems to be caught by a loop or something), the tanks a little bit high at the butt for my taste. Not trim related comments: put your SPG back in place after checking, shorten the attachment of your longhouse reg. The video was too short to judge for certain, but you seem to swing along your body when you kick (head/upper body down, kick, head/upper body up, glide). Try looking forward when kicking. This was a modified frog kick.

Im sum, looks really nice already, just the last few percent to perfection.

cheers Jens
I'll try to get a vid tomorrow if the visibility allows - haven't dove the place before where I'm going to.

My bungee goes through a bungee tri-glide(by D-Luxe Dive Gear).
Moving the tanks up by moving the bottom tankstrap towards the bottom of the tank, right?

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom