Cozumel... When and where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's having fruit and umbrella ladies on board between dives!

@sharky60 awesome review and info. greatly appreciated. looking into it now. thanks!

question;
what is boutique style diving?

a small op that concentrates on personal service.

Ok because i have to disagree about blue xt sea... not boutique at all. spoke to them and asked about schedules to get an idea of where they dive. they were nasty and pompus,thats fine, taking my buis elsewhere. thats the purpose of resurch to weed out the herd.

Sorry to hear that you might have had an adverse conversation. Certainly does not mirror my experiences. I have been met with extremely prompt communication, all of my questions answered satisfactorily, clear and concise billing, outstanding diving, great boat captains and DM's. Sounds like you are moving on to engage other operators, but as an FYI- everyone basically dives all of the same locations. Each day is going to be dependent on weather, conditions and the general consensus of the group of people diving. They will do everything possible to get you to the best sites possible, based on conditions and the desires of the rest of the group. Blue XT Sea departs promptly at 8am from the downtown Aldora Pier for its 2 tank morning dives and from the same location for afternoon dives with a minimum of 2 divers requesting afternoon dives. Small, fast 6 pack boats with a max of 6 divers, 1 DM and 1 Captain. You bring your gear to the boat on Day 1 and they handle it all after that. With the exception of your wetsuit, your gear will be back on the boat clean, dry and ready to go the next morning.

TY so much trailboss... you have helped me tremendousely over the last month deciding on where to go and with whom to do it. i did notice that you dove with them recently if i remeber right? And you have a high regard for them. yeah its weired... i asked several questions and the responces seemed more defensive and with each email more and more negative. i was belitted as a new bee diver with 250 dives and told they have 2500 as if that makes any differance to me? at the time i was in the process of comparing between several dive ops and they came off as defensive and pompus. i pretty much selected a dive op since and attribute the decision partly from speaking with blue xt sea.

I also read some other negative reviews so No big deal as i would rather find out about the bad before the trip than on it.

TY so much trailboss... you have helped me tremendousely over the last month deciding on where to go and with whom to do it. i did notice that you dove with them recently if i remeber right? And you have a high regard for them. yeah its weired... i asked several questions and the responces seemed more defensive and with each email more and more negative. i was belitted as a new bee diver with 250 dives and told they have 2500 as if that makes any differance to me? at the time i was in the process of comparing between several dive ops and they came off as defensive and pompus. i pretty much selected a dive op since and attribute the decision partly from speaking with blue xt sea.

I also read some other negative reviews so No big deal as i would rather find out about the bad before the trip than on it.
All good- I trust you will have a great trip and I look forward to hearing about it.

:poke:Typical NY'er...you have to watch them carefully :wink:

All good- I trust you will have a great trip and I look forward to hearing about it.

Thank you sir... I plan on picking up some underwater gear for my go pro which should make for some nice footage of underwater and topside locals :D

:poke:Typical NY'er...you have to watch them carefully :wink:
:wink: speak for yourself fellow NY'er hahah

Last edited:
BlueXTS has a big following, regardless of the exchange you had with the owner. Their DM is one of the more respected around. And actually their new second DM is awesome too. I have lots of friends who love them, but we are Scuba with Alison peeps.

As for an OP that has a fixed schedule, I always associate that with a cattle boat. Show up, set up your gear, we go here, you dive 45, we come back.

When we get on the boat, we discuss among 8 people at most where we will go. It would suck to have a set schedule and everyone wants to go there.

Plus, depending on weather some site might be rougher than other.

Me personally? I have no favorites, really and none I wish to avoid. I sometimes have somewhere I want to go and throw it in the hat, but I am happy anywhere.

Thanks for your input. the dive op providing me schedule was not a cattle OP. I personally like a schedule because you can choose the day they go to your fav reef and is not determined by a Dm.

As you said there are plenty of dive OPs in COZ. So honestly one that gives backtalk to its customers is not one i choose to spend my $ at. i have chosen the dive op to go with. Not Blue XT Sea.

Back
Top Bottom