Trip Report Cozumel Real Time Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another great day of diving in Cozumel. We dove in San Clemente and saw Southern Stingray with its entourage getting lunch. Lots of Scorpionfish and Splendid Toadfish tucked in crevices. A couple of reef squids saying hello & goodbye at the end of the dive.

You don’t want to miss diving San Clemente if you are in Cozumel.

Thanks for the videos. I noted you said no lights except under ledges. You also said no external red filters and just using the brilliant colours setting? If so, did you try using their red filter but did not like it or just never had the red filter? I bought their red filter set due to past experience of needing the filter on other cameras but latest go pro 10 might have better sensor and not need them as much. I have not yet got it in the ocean to test them.

Thanks for the videos. I noted you said no lights except under ledges. You also said no external red filters and just using the brilliant colours setting? If so, did you try using their red filter but did not like it or just never had the red filter? I bought their red filter set due to past experience of needing the filter on other cameras but latest go pro 10 might have better sensor and not need them as much. I have not yet got it in the ocean to test them.
Right. I used to have GoPro 3 & 6 that would need red filter. Then when I upgraded to GoPro 9, it has built-in electronic underwater color setting and no longer need the red color filter, otherwise the picture will over correct (too much red). GoPro 10 gets even better electronic color adjustment, as you see in the videos.

That makes video capturing much easier. No longer needs to flip on / off the red filter that sometimes you forget to do.

Agree, the quality of your video footage is great!

I have a HERO 10 as well, but never seem to get the same level of sharpness and clarity as you. May I ask what settings you are using?
Here’s my GoPro 10 settings:
Standard 4k l 60 l W
Res I FPS 4k l 60
Lens Wide
Hyper Smooth Standard
Standard Capture Off
Duration No Limit
HindSight off
Timer off
Zoom 1.0x
Protune
Bit Rate High
Shutter Auto
EV Comp -0.5
White Balance Auto
ISO Min 100
ISO Max 800
Sharpness Medium
Color Vibrant
RAW Audio Off
Wind Auto
Media Mod Camera Mics
Shortcuts
Lower Left Lens
Lower Right Zoom
Upper Left SLO-Mo
Upper Right HyperSmooth
Voice Control off
Beeps: on
Quick Capture: on
(One button start - Rabid on)
Screen Lock: off
Video Performance Modes: Max
Front Screen Option: Actual Screen
Orientation: all
Max Lens Mode: disabled
Preference
General
Beep Volume Low
Quick Capture On
Default Present Last Used Video
Auto Power Off 5 min
LEDs Font Off Only
Anti Flicker 60Hz
Video Compression H.264+HEVC
Voice Control
Voice Control off
Language English (US)
Commands
Displays
Orientation All
Screen Saver Rear 2 Min
Screen Saver Front Match Rear Screen
Brightness 50%
Rear Screen Grid on
Regional
GPS On
Language English
Mods
Max Lens Mod Show
Media Mod N/A

Other than that:
1. Just be aware where the sun light is coming from and make sure it’s coming from behind you, not in front of you.
2. Try not to move the GoPro. Let the subject move in or out of the frame or move the GoPro very very slow.
3. Shoot it with 4K 60 FPS then edit them to 1080P (HD).

Very nice video, and music is sooo soothing, felt like I was your dive buddy. I know Coz pretty well, but do know where this wreck is located. I am guessing on the the Windward side?. Seemed like it is a shallow dive so you can cruise along without deco worry??
Bob C. AKA 500psi

Reactions: Dan
Very nice video, and music is sooo soothing, felt like I was your dive buddy. I know Coz pretty well, but do know where this wreck is located. I am guessing on the the Windward side?. Seemed like it is a shallow dive so you can cruise along without deco worry??
Bob C. AKA 500psi
Thanks.

It’s #4a in the map, below. The bottom is at 22m.

35F23C46-9755-49D7-A4EE-7C6DD46079F2.jpeg

Nice Dan! Your GoPro 10 takes WAY better footage than my 7.

Glad you got the Eagle Ray- they are such cool creatures.

Cedral (especially shallows) is probably my favorite Coz dive- it always rewards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom