Trip Report Cozumel Real Time Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Dan what case did you use for your go pro? Lots of choices out there. Thanks
Get this HERO10&9 Black Protective Housing + Waterproof Case | GoPro

Screenshot 2022-06-28 222602.jpg

Don't skimp on cheap case (<$50). I flooded one of those cheapy case as I descent (saw water filling up the case). I had to thumb the dive. Luckily the GoPro itself was water resistant for snorkeling and the case was not completely flooded (water pressure still hadn't reached beyond the rated pressure) yet, so I was able to save the GoPro.

Get this HERO10&9 Black Protective Housing + Waterproof Case | GoPro

Don't skimp on cheap case (<$50). I flooded one of those cheapy case as I descent (saw water filling up the case). I had to thumb the dive. Luckily the GoPro itself was water resistant for snorkeling and the case was not completely flooded (water pressure still hadn't reached beyond the rated pressure) yet, so I was able to save the GoPro.
Any handles or light attachments yet? I'm diving puget sound and artificial lighting is necessary

That's a serious setup. Camera for stills and go pro for video? I'm new to bringing memories up top so trying to set up something decent.

Since GoPro is only good for wide angle, I use Sea&Sea (Ricoh) DX6G for videoing Macro stuff (down to 1cm distance) like the Bargibanti Pygmy seahorse in the size of a rice grain (see the 2 Bargibanti kissing picture, below)

I mount the GoPro on the hot shoe of DX6G case as you see in the above picture.

84D035A6-D98B-4C59-8BE4-586FBC9DB859.jpeg

That's a serious setup. Camera for stills and go pro for video? I'm new to bringing memories up top so trying to set up something decent.
I use the Camera for video too, especially for those little nudibranchs in the size of 2mm.

You are the first person I've ever seen who has the same setup as me! Only difference is my GoPro sits atop a SeaLife Camera and I have a photo light on one side and a video light on the other :)

Reactions: Dan
You are the first person I've ever seen who has the same setup as me! Only difference is my GoPro sits atop a SeaLife Camera and I have a photo light on one side and a video light on the other :)
There's a difference between video and photo lights? Main dive light, backup in a pocket, 6k lumen (photo?) light. I'm going to go broke...

What I meant was the photo light is basically a flash for taking photos. The video light stays on for video.

This is my first time in Cozumel and in any Scubaboard Invasion trip. So far, I am enjoying the diving and how Scubaboard hosting the trip. So, I'm sharing my Cozumel Real Review. Other SB members who are here now, please share your real time experience too.

To start with, here is what Group 3 saw during a check out dive yesterday.

Cheers!

Dan, Thanks for the fanastic videos. Great trip, great diving, great buddies and we'll have some great memories. Hope we can do this again soon!!

Reactions: Dan

Back
Top Bottom