Trip Report Cozumel Real Time Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did anyone do the sunrise dives today? Asking so I can live vicariously through you.

Did anyone do the sunrise dives today? Asking so I can live vicariously through you.
I don’t think so. Some people went to Isla Mujeres to swim with Whalesharks & some others went to Cenote diving in Playa Del Carmen. They all left pretty early ~ 6:15am.

My group are going a morning boat dive in the reef here today.

damn, that's a hump to isla mujeres and then a long boat ride out to the whale sharks.

glad to see you guys all had a great time. hoping I can make the next trip with you all.

Thanks for all the great videos. Impressive both with videography and subject matter. Well done. Looks like you enjoyed your trip.

• Thanks
Reactions: Dan
Five of us did the sunrise (Cock a Doodle) dives, the first two of which I thought were spectacular. The first dive started at Punta Sur Cathedral, crossed Devils Throat, and wound up at Columbia Deep. Multiple swim throughs, majestic underwater geography loaded with colorful corals and sponges - exactly what I hoped for on this trip. The surface was flat and we were the only boat there, peaceful and quiet dive, only sound I heard was my regulator exhaust bubbles. The second dive started at Caracolillo, an area of Palance Gardens. Again, amazing underwater geography and scenery, again a peaceful and quiet dive. For both of these dives the surface was flat, the current was light, and we were the only dive group in the water. The third dive was at Yucab, more dive groups in the water and a stronger current but still a very nice dive.

Thanks for bringing the sunrise dives to my attention BoundForElsewhere, and thanks to divemaster (and Mayan King) Jose of Paradise Divers for leading us on this excellent adventure.

Great shooting, editing and music choices Dan. Often times I dislike the music so much in videos I have to mute, but yours are perfect choices. I also appreciate that the videos are short and yet give us a good view of everything. Thanks for giving me my Cozumel fix in between trips. Is it October yet!

Dan, I don't know you however, I certainly appreciate you gathering such excellent quality videos/photos of the underwater Cozumel beauty I miss so terribly on all of those reefs! You are a master of capturing the creatures and balancing with the structures and colors on each reef. THANK YOU for posting each of your dives and for sharing here. I enjoyed every dive and felt like I was right there! Continued safe diving and bubbles to you! You have a talent! I am most grateful to enjoy ALL of. your clips in this thread!

• Thanks
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom