Cozumel Next Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

~Scuba_Steve~

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all, I will be heading to Cozumel on a dive trip with Texan Scuba next weekend, my question is this...Will the water still be warm enough for a dive skin? Thanks for any replies.

Depends on the diver and the surface winds mostly. Take more than you think you need, or make possible rental arrangements. A skin ain't much tho; got a beanie? See Cozumel - ScubaBoard

Thanks Dandy, I have a pretty high tolerance for the cold (grew up in New England) just don't want to bring the world along with, but if I need a 3mm I will take it :D Again thanks.

I always take my 3 mil to Coz even tho seldom use it. I've also been on trips elsewhere where I got chilled and hated it. Wearing a beanie is very helpful if needed. Have a great trip and remember: no dive knives in park, no pocket or belt knife on street - they're funny about knives there. :wink:

the water temps on Coz should be around 80 this time of year. I used a .5mm skin for years down there and moved up to a 3mil a couple years ago. Although the .5 was adequate, the 3 is much more comfortable, especially after a few days diving when the body doesn't stay as warm naturally.

Hello all, I will be heading to Cozumel on a dive trip with Texan Scuba next weekend, my question is this...Will the water still be warm enough for a dive skin? Thanks for any replies.

Hi Steve,

Water temps are running 83/84 right now :) Weather has been gorgeous for the past week with topside temps in the mid 80's and low humidity for us. Visibility has been great the past few days in the 80 - 100 range and currents are variable as always :)

Have a great trip! What dive shop in Cozumel is your group diving with?

Thanks everyone, Christi I am not sure. We will be staying at the Wyndham, I do know that much :D. Apparently its withing walking distance, this will be my first time in Cozumel.

Walking distance may just refer to the local dock where your shop might have arranged diving with an operator to pick you up there. I looked at your shops trip page, not much info but looks like a nice deal.

Your hotel is about 8 miles from town, and it looks like you are returning on Monday. Try to get into town for a look, have dinner at least 2 blocks from the waterfront street, check out the action on the square Sunday night maybe. More information on the Cozumel link I gave above.

Thanks Dandy will do, we will be using the Sand Dollar for our diving (o;

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom