Cozumel in July 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The current plan is July 29 to Aug 7. Not yet sure were we are staying Hotel Cozumel? Casa Del Mar? Fiesta Americana? Diving with Blue xt Sea hopefully!

What's your name by the way?

I'm David

Kerry Here! :D I got a response from PH, their only like 25 more for the same package than Chucho. I dont know if I would like the smaller boats though? have you used boats without a platform before?

:snorkel:
jipassov...........July 11-18th
Rogue..............July 11-18th
1kwik69............July 20-27th
jmani................July 12-18th
jwilson05...........July 7-14th
dtcmarcical........July 31st-August7th
judydivescoz.......June 27th-July 5th
oki dirt diver........July 21-30th
Marcus08............June 28th-July 6th
bryanmc57..........June 29th-July 9th
Stevenq99..........July 29th-August 7th

Kerry Here! :D I got a response from PH, their only like 25 more for the same package than Chucho. I dont know if I would like the smaller boats though? have you used boats without a platform before?

It's really no problem... Easy back roll in. My wife had never done a back roll entry and was a little anxious about it, but thought it was a cool way to get in after she did one. Exits are easy with a ladder. Hand up your fins and either climb up with your gear on or hand your weights and bc to the captain and climb up unencumbered.

I use small boats and a back entry whenever possible. The boats get you there faster and for most a back entry is easier than a giant stride.

July 11-19 Park Royal, diving with SCUBAMAU. They are located beside Villa Blanca. Amazing dm's, great fast boats, water fruit, dont charge extra for Devil's Throat trip. They do it so you have longer bottom time at that dive. You go up rather than down. In other words you do the Devil's A$$. lol. Opa and Mau's place is like a bunch of friends diving together, thats what I like.

:D Hey guys - just got back from Cozumel - it was fantastic. For a great dive experience you have to try Victor Brito - he has been president of the Cozumel Divemasters since the 90's and is an excellent instructor - took us places we only dreamed of. And his equipment was in top notch condition and his boat captain Willie was always there when we came up. I highly recommend you guys check him out in July. A Dive Tour, with Victor G. Brito to Cozumel's best reefs.
Also - the Swine flu thing was just non existent in Cozumel. Only thing missing was the crowds which was great for us - not so good for the shops though.

: For a great dive experience you have to try Victor Brito - he has been president of the Cozumel Divemasters since the 90's and is an excellent instructor - took us places we only dreamed of. And his equipment was in top notch condition and his boat captain Willie was always there when we came up. I highly recommend you guys check him out in July. A Dive Tour, with Victor G. Brito to Cozumel's best reefs.

Could you tell me some of those places " ..you only dreamed of." I'm always interested in fantastic new dive spots in Cozumel.

:shelli:
jipassov...........July 11-18th
Rogue..............July 11-18th
1kwik69............July 20-27th
jmani................July 12-18th
jwilson05...........July 7-14th
dtcmarcical........July 31st-August7th
judydivescoz.......June 27th-July 5th
oki dirt diver........July 21-30th
Marcus08............June 28th-July 6th
bryanmc57..........June 29th-July 9th
Stevenq99..........July 29th-August 7th