Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, I get it now...Cabo. Please remember to report back if the customs guys are still trying to screw people import duties for camera housings...

So now your the site grammar police and site mortician?
I just didn't understand what this said. The Grammarly app helps me catch some typos.
If your fellow Georgians would head appropriate PPE

Ah..so why not air canada to cancun and then ferry to coz to be there in time for nightdive as opposed to overnight in Houston?
He's not going to Cozumel. He's overnighting on the way to Cabo, from Calgary.

Sorry, I get it now...Cabo.

SSSHHHH!!!!!! You're gonna get us busted....

Please remember to report back if the customs guys are still trying to screw people import duties for camera housings...

I'm definitely keeping an eye on that. I did see a recent (June-ish) post of someone getting hit either here or on Wetpixel but it wasn't clear which port of entry. Fortunately I'm not rushing to a boat or anything and land just before noon. Hopefully I can be patient/stubborn enough that they get hungry and just let me through.
"Whats in your Pelican?"
"COVID infected corpse"... "That's right, I WILL be on my way..."

Generally I don't think I'd ever consider Cancun to get to Coz unless I was planning to spend some time on the mainland as well. I hate dragging luggage around.
(I think YYZ is the only way to leapfrog US now. There are pretty much zero vacation flights left out of YYC so far as i can see. Even YVR seems to have nothing.)

SSSHHHH!!!!!! You're gonna get us busted....

I'm definitely keeping an eye on that. I did see a recent (June-ish) post of someone getting hit either here or on Wetpixel but it wasn't clear which port of entry. Fortunately I'm not rushing to a boat or anything and land just before noon. Hopefully I can be patient/stubborn enough that they get hungry and just let me through.
"Whats in your Pelican?"
"COVID infected corpse"... "That's right, I WILL be on my way..."

Generally I don't think I'd ever consider Cancun to get to Coz unless I was planning to spend some time on the mainland as well. I hate dragging luggage around.
(I think YYZ is the only way to leapfrog US now. There are pretty much zero vacation flights left out of YYC so far as i can see. Even YVR seems to have nothing.)

the bag drag is a pain. Especially as the ferry has a reduced schedule. Flights are going regularly to cancun from Pearson on Friday’s and Sundays and then every day from mid aug..not keen on some of the prices though...

Im interested in your Houston option as i need to go through there for belize late August.....and am also considering it for Cozumel at some point in the future... Usually go via Miami as the belize flight leaves from the gate next to the one the Toronto flight lands at but there are currently no direct flights from Toronto to Miami...at all! So it looks like overnight in Houston and I was just going to land as late as possible and bed down in the terminal in a corner with my head in a bag until the 10am flight to Belize the next morning..

I think YYZ is the only way to leapfrog US now. There are pretty much zero vacation flights left out of YYC so far as i can see. Even YVR seems to have nothing
Please accept that those airport codes are lost of most of us.

Im interested in your Houston option as i need to go through there for belize late August

I don't love the place but it's a huge upgrade from MIA (on smell alone....).
That being said - if you're going to crash in the terminal you'll almost certainly end up on the floor. Most of their seating is deliberately anti-human.
Also, the food is crap even by airport standards. Huge portions of low quality slop for obscene prices. They don't even try.

The attached Marriott is accessed directly by an underground people mover from all terminals (or you can walk the path as well).
This is not well marked on maps but works very well in practice...once you find it. Don't try to get to the hotel via outside as I did on my first visit.
The hotel hasn't historically done much for discounts though, even when they were quiet. I'm planning on points.
The lobby restaurant was pretty decent.
To me - the hotel is worth it and with a bit of luck you can get in and out with very little contact with others.

That being said - if you're going to crash in the terminal you'll almost certainly end up on the floor. Most of their seating is deliberately anti-human.
Also, the food is crap even by airport standards. Huge portions of low quality slop for obscene prices. They don't even try.

The attached Marriott is accessed directly by an underground people mover from all terminals (or you can walk the path as well).
This is not well marked on maps but works very well in practice...once you find it. Don't try to get to the hotel via outside as I did on my first visit.
The hotel hasn't historically done much for discounts though, even when they were quiet. I'm planning on points.
To me - the hotel is worth it and with a bit of luck you can get in and out with very little contact with others.

hotel might be a game time decision. I want to avoid leaving transit and having to check in again.... I haven’t ‘slept’ in an airport for years since I was a teenager, but if I know it’s happening I can lug a yoga mat and pillow etc. Looking now though, even all the afternoon flights from YYZ to Houston have disappeared in August FML...I’m going to wait a couple of week and see if any reappear..

Agreed on IAH over MIA. The Kat Cora restaurant in IAH was just fine, but Yelp indicates it is now closed.

Is this a temporary thing due to reduced customers?

YYZ, YVR and YLW all have severely reduced food options. About 80% ish closed.

Back
Top Bottom