Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My experience and belief exactly! With a mother in Utah near end of life, i have made 3 emergency round trips from Houston in the last three weeks and I still feel good at 74 years of age. Knowing that the ventilating jets have highly purified air, I am especially respectful of the advice to have the overhead vents blowing down on you at full boogie…I would just add that a window seat is best for that since that makes the air more isolated from the coughing aisle crowds.

I know that United provides wipes and does a pretty good job of cleaning, and Southwest avoids filling center seats.

Following this advice I would not fear a trip to Cancun or Cozumel from the aircraft worry.

Dave Dillehay

PS For God's sake learn how to wear any mask you have. Just make sure it seals your nose and chin. I am amazed at how many people I have seen flying this last three weeks who have no idea how to wear a mask

Hospitalization jumped from 49 percent to 64 percent day on day. Cozumel case count has been stuck at 199 (hasn’t changed in last 3 updates—not exactly credible in my view )

[Twitter]

Northern part of the state stays orange this week, southern still red.

Good news is the last three days have seen less new cases than recovered cases, hospital occupancy is staying roughly steady. The bad news is the overall death rate is stabilized at about 13% and Cozumel is back up to 77 active cases - so that number is really maybe 13 times that.

In a translation, the Governor is saying that we are close to going to yellow, schools aren't opening next week (they weren't planned on opening till green).

This place is rampant with rumors and really adding to them isn't helpful but - be careful where ever you are, with who ever your with.

116641951_2789771951244348_1161341438728446420_n.jpg

Where are Mexican citizens allowed to travel?

We just got back into town. Haven't been here since March. It's sad. Many shops downtown are completely empty and out of business. Most of the rest are boarded up. We saw a few tourists walking around, but only a few. I'm tipping triple what I normally tip.

I flew in on American because Delta ceased service. The other passengers in first class had their masks pulled down under their noses or chins. I called over the flight attendants to complain, but they did nothing. "Mask-holes" and lip service from American.

The other passengers in first class had their masks pulled down under their noses or chins. I called over the flight attendants to complain, but they did nothing. "Mask-holes" and lip service from American.

Snap some photos, get the details on the flight crew (don't need to confront them, just note date/time/flight number). Send to corporate. Post to social media. Make people uncomfortable. Feet to the fire.

Until people take things seriously, until rules are enforced with teeth and without exception, the death tolls will only continue to rise, the spread will continue, the economy here/there/everywhere will continue to crash. The reason we (both the US and Mexico) lead the world in deaths is because there's no national plan to deal with it, because too many people don't take it seriously, and whatever steps are taken, are mostly for show, and rules are not enforced. Until that changes - until we all make it change - things will only get worse.

The pandemic is getting worse, not better, yet too many act like its over. Too many are still in very deep denial.

We just got back into town. Haven't been here since March. It's sad. Many shops downtown are completely empty and out of business. Most of the rest are boarded up. We saw a few tourists walking around, but only a few. I'm tipping triple what I normally tip.

I flew in on American because Delta ceased service. The other passengers in first class had their masks pulled down under their noses or chins. I called over the flight attendants to complain, but they did nothing. "Mask-holes" and lip service from American.
As a usually loyal AA customer, I cancelled my flight on AA and rebooked with Delta last week. It was only to Phoenix but an hour and an half is long enough to be close to antimaskers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom